“Great service and food - wine list not so much....”
Review of Odd Duck

Odd Duck
Ranked #29 of 1,508 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Odd Duck serves an ever changing eclectic small plate menu with a focus on local ingredients and international inspiration!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great service and food - wine list not so much....”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our party of four had reservations for 5 pm (reservations highly recommended). We arrived early for a drink at the bar. They do have some drink specialties and nice beer options but the wine list is non-existent. Super disappointing. The service and food were great. Our server did a great job of guiding us through the menu and making recommendations. We had a variety of dishes and all of them were very good. We left promptly after dinner full and in search of some wine.

• Visited April 2014

Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Just what Milwaukee needed!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I loved everything about this place! Knowing a little background on the owners of the restaurant and how it became made me even more excited!

We walked in without a reservation and had a small wait time until a bar spot opened up, which was perfect! We were recommended a fabulous cheese plate by a knowledgeable bar staff. The food was beyond amazing, I mean I could seriously eat there every single day. They really pay attention to what goes in the food and where it comes from and that makes a world of difference!

Luckily, we ran into some friends as they were leaving and they definitely wouldn't let us leave without trying dessert... **DO NOT FORGET DESSERT!!** You will regret it, I promise you!

This isn't a one time stop, you will be addicted! If you know good food, you will become a regular here for sure!

Great Job Odd Duck and Thank you! Xo

• Visited April 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“A great find”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

First, there is nothing on their menu that is not great. Second, sit at the bar (shorter wait time) and take the bartender's suggestions for food and drink combinations.

Visited March 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“Super small plates!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Went with three colleagues for a business dinner. The menu changes daily and much of the food and beverages are from local sources. We started with the Chef's Choice Charcuterie Board and a Cheese Board (four selections of our choice). Meat and cheese selections were all very good! We shared four plates from the "Animal" side of the menu and two from the "Vegetable" side. My favorite meat was the Crispy Pork Belly Bulgogi - it was excellent. The Chipotle Deviled Eggs were also very good. They had four dessert selections - we tried them all and they were all very good. This is an excellent place to go and I hope I have the opportunity to visit again. I definitely recommend trying the Odd Duck. I like small plate restaurants because you can try a lot of different food when you are sharing with others. This is one of my favorite small plates restaurants! The restaurant is small so I recommend making reservations. All the staff are very friendly and helpful!

• Visited March 2014
Madison, WI
“Delicious ”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Always good, just be sure to get a reservation! Two plates are plenty for one person, though it's easy to order more. I had the Korean pancake and sunchoke salad, both were tasty and savory without leaving me feeling heavy.