“Love the hilton”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

great place close to everything staff is helpful and everything just perfect, if you don't have something just call or ask the front desk and they take care of you. I would recommecnd staying at the Hilton in Milwaukee the it colse to all the night life and beaches just overall great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Tyler C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you Lamar K!

I appreciate the kind words you gave our Hotel.
I'm glad we gave you a memorble experience. We look foward to seeing you on your next trip to Milwaukee.

sincerely,
Tyler Cooley
Guest Experience Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn downtown Milwaukee is a destination property filled with fascinating discoveries at every turn. It's art deco interior is over the top. Inlaid floors, vintage photography, beautifully appointed rooms, great service, and close proximity to the lake, make this hotel our go to place for all of our Milwaukee get-aways.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Jamie
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our property and our historic building (the Loyalty Building). I hope you can make it back for another visit soon!
Genernal Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Wonderful character in this hotel, and ideal location, this hotel provides a good value offerring. The room and hotel are clean and historically fascinating. Loved the copper, marble and wood staircase, and the plaques showing the work done to renew the original quality of the staircase.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary G
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Mary

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for the nice comments about our historic building. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your self. Please make it back soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Our daughter goes to school in Milwaukee so we stayed for several days while moving her out of her dorm. It was a great place to relax and hang out between moving activities.

The Hilton Garden Inn is located in a restored 19th century (?) building and it is so interesting. It has been modernized but still retains very nice touches of the old building. The rooms are very pleasant, clean and a great size. The staff is helpful and the lobby bar/dining area is lots of fun. The hotel is located within a couple of blocks from the River Walk and Third Ward (shops, restaurants, etc) but I think there is a shuttle available if one prefers. We will definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula D
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Paula
Thank you for your nice review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our historic bulding (Loyalty Building), our location, and staff. I am glad to hear that you are going to return, I hope to meet you next fall!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Absolutely stunning building! The rooms were very spacious, clean, and comfortable. This hotel is in a great location for walking downtown. The staff was helpful and friendly. I will definitely return to this hotel if I stay in Milwaukee in the future!

1  Thank Ashley S

Ashley
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I hope you can make it back soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

It's great to see Hilton preserving old buildings. The structure and its interior detail are really wonderful, with the spectacular atrium space beautifully restored. We walked the public space on all five floors and appreciated the historic photos and history provided, including that solid brass cones on the stairs were painted black during the war so they would not be stripped from the building. They are a very unique feature - sorry I did not take a picture.

The disconnect is between the historic building and the modern interior design, which looks like a standard HGI package. A little more effort to coordinate with the building would make a big difference in the over-all impression.

My big complaint is that the rooms and public areas are WAY over-lit. Using compact fluorescent bulbs, which is laudable, but in way too high a wattage, totally
eliminating any potential "ambiance". We found the same problem in the Madison' WI Hampton Inn. Also similar i. both is that there are no glasses or coffee cups, all foam or other environmentally-friendly material. We like to have a drink in the room before going out and I can't drink scotch in such a cup, so had to "borrow" some real glasses surreptitiously... Hilton, please provide a few real glasses in each room!

Finally, the breakfast was very good, expensive at $11.95, but worth it for the range of offerings and that the eggs were actually cooked as requested (over easy), not ignored and cooked hard.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oldmayor

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience! Thank you for your kind words about our historic building (Loyalty Building). I am sorry that you did not care for our room package or lighting in our common areas. I hope that you are able to return to the property, anyone in our guest services or room service team would be more than happy to place real glasses in your room prior to your arrival. Thank you again for the constructive feedabck.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed on business for 2 nights in May - the location was very central, and as most other reviewers have stated, the property is gorgeous - Hilton did a great job maintaining the history of the building whilst making a modern hotel.

I want to highlight 3 things:
The front desk team was great - they were helpful and especially responsive when the public parking lot across the street ran out of receipts (so you couldn't validate parking!), and when the hotel shuttle wasn't available for my morning reservation - I was actually given money and a cab was called for me. That's service!

The shuttle driving working on May 10 in the evening was great. He was a safe driver, and gave us a bit of a tour as we drove to our location. Gold star!

My constructive criticism goes to Housekeeping. As a few others mentioned in reviews, our room was an acceptable level of clean, but not the level of clean that I would expect from a Hilton. There were spots on the white bed linens and the edges of the bathroom floor and shower had hairs. Our room also wasn't serviced on the first day - we had to call and ask them to do it while we went out for dinner. It was promptly taken care of, but ideally I shouldn't of had to ask.

Overall I would definitely stay again.

1  Thank anchmer

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your experience with us, particularly with our Front Desk and Shuttle Driver. I am very sorry that houskeeping was an issue during your stay. I expect a very high level of cleanliness from our team, please accept my sincere apologies for the items that did not meet your expectations. Thank you again for your visit and sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that you plan to return.