“Wedding stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I love the fact that this was a repurposed building. The interior architecture was beautiful and the way rooms were created & well placed & beautifully decorated. Downtown Milwaukee has soo much to offer & the hotel was well placed for exploring.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for the nice review and for your wonderful comments. I am so happy that you enjoyed our historic building and the restoration that our owner completed in 2012. Hurry back and explore Milwaukee again soon!

Many Thanks,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Hilton Garden Inn (Downtown Milwaukee) is a classy place to stay on your business trip. Offers very nice accommodations in a nicely restored historic building. Small, with a nice personal feel. Within walking distance of everything downtown. Price is quite high, but probably in line with other hotels in this class and area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Brent

Thank you for the review and for your most recent visit to our hotel. I am delighted that you found the accommodations to your liking. I know that traveling for business can be stressful, I am glad that we were able to do our part to offer you personalized service and provide a relaxing place to stay. I hope to see you again when you are next in Milwaukee.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

When I first checked in I struggled to get used to the fact that it was in a old building. However after my first night I began to really appreciate the decor open indoor views along the hallways which allow you to see all the way down to the basement conference room area. The only thing it lacks is a pool but the rooms are very clean and nice.

• Stayed: July 2014

Kyle

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Milwaukee accommodation and for sharing your experience! I am glad that our historic building grew on your through out your visit. I appreciate that we are a non-traditional Hilton Garden Inn and that can be something to get used to. I am glad that you saw the gem that we do! Thank you again for the nice review. Hurry back!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked this hotel to attend a conference from 7/26-7/30. There was no shuttle sevice from the hotel on the weekend and none on Monday afternoon. I had to request several times on Monday 7/28 to have my room cleaned. It was finally done at nearly 10 pm. The person who cleaned the room was unprofessional and did a very poor job. I decided to checkout that very night. I used the app Hotel Tonight and found a new room. Later I talked to the corporate office and the hotel's general manager. While, they were sorry and very apologetic, it was a very bad experience, and I will not go back.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sblanch857
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Ms. Blanch

I am again terribly sorry for our mistake in not servicing your room until the evening this past Monday and that our conversation did not provide a better resolution. I hope that you will consider staying with us again, I will perosnally gauantee that you will not have the same experience. You can count on me! If you do decide to return, please contact me directly at 414-810-4253.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for my husband's business annual conference/meeting in Milwaukee. We've stayed here before and were happy with the location of the hotel as well as the rooms and service. Because of the large group checking in, and because we needed two rooms for our family, we were a little delayed in getting our rooms. However, Teresa, at the front desk was absolutely amazing! She was not only helpful, but was so kind and courteous as we waited. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Christen

Thank you for the nice review and for your kind words. I am so glad that Theresa was able to set things right with you. She is an asset to our team, thank you for highlighting her! I hope you can make it back next year!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel is in an historic building. Hilton has done an excellent job of converting offices to hotel rooms. The bathroom was spacious and especially well appointed, much better than what one would experience in a traditional motel/hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Ramona

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am delighted that you were impressed with our historic building! I hope you can make it back soon.

Your Milwaukee Hotel,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

They did an amazing job in transforming this historic landmark into a hotel. It's absolutely stunning. The rooms are first class, the staff very helpful and friendly and the breakfast delicious. I highly recommend this hotel if staying in Milwaukee. Walk through it take the time to enjoy the beauty of the architecture of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Troy B
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Troy

Thank you for the review and your kind words! I am delighted that you enjoyed our historic building, staff, and breakfast. I hope you are able to return soon!

Best Regards,