“Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Seneca, New York
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff, great amenities equals...we will return for a third stay next year.
Even the hotel dining was beyond what we expected at Hilton Garden Inn. We used the hotel shuttle on more than one occasion and service was prompt.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the corner room....brilliant view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Judy

Thank you for your comments and for highlighting our staff, amenities, and shuttle service. I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. A big thank you on behalf of the team for our loyalty to our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you will be returniong for a thrid visit next year!

Looking forward to your return,

Nick Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed for 1 night on a Saturday in August 2014. The hotel is amazing with historical & architectural significance. Our room on the lobby floor had a terrible view, but was huge and clean. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was sold out this particular evening, but it didn't feel crowded. The location is very close to waterfront attractions and there were several nice restaurants in the surrounding area. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Food was great, but service was a bit slow. I highly recommend this place. Also, they valet for $25 per night, but there is an overnight outside lot kitty corner from the hotel for $10 per night. It's easy to drop your stuff on the side entrance of the hotel and then go park.

Room Tip: Our view on the lobby floor was an alley and the building across the alley. It was also a bit noisy...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Erin_Chicago
Erin

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am deligthed to hear that you enjoyed your experience! Lots of great advice in your review, I apreciate your comments. Please join us again soon!

Saint Marys, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had heard this hotel was really nice and we were not disappointed. The staff was extremely nice, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the beds were great. I have nothing to complain about. The breakfast buffet was delicious. In the evening, the bar was nice. The location was central in that many attractions were walkable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Annie

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, our location, and several of our amenities. Please join us again!

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had a corner (king) room for 3 nights while in the city for the triathlon. Yes, housekeeping wasn't done until late afternoon ... but if that's the worst thing that I can think of, then this place is a keeper. Good sized room, QUIET at night, fine bed, excellent TV, good wifi, a cold fridge and a spacious shower. Very relaxing. Short walk to the restaurants in the Third Ward and not much further to the lakefront. We LOVED the historic details, skylit lobby and grand staircase. The front desk personnel were outstanding. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the nice review and for sharing your experience. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our historic building, location to the Third Ward, and our staff at the front desk. I hope you are able to make it back soon!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed there before our wedding and on our wedding night. The room were gorgeous and huge, and quite clean and kept up to date. The lobby and the halls were even beautiful, which is weird to be impressed by, I think. What impressed us the most is that everyone remembered us -- and they even left flowers, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries in our room, with a card signed by all the employees! Incredible service, incredibly attentive.
The bed was comfortable, the room had A.C that lowered at night and raised during the day (somewhat eco-friendly), which was wonderful.
Overall, I loved it. And I love the Hilton now. And I love Wisconsin.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Breanne

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Congratulations on your recent wedding. I am so glad to hear that we were able to play a small roll in your special day. Congratulations again, I hope you can make it back soon.

Your Wisconsin Getaway,

United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room was not clean to standards every day. The floor was not vaccumed. The bed cover had hot sauce stains on it. The towel you place on the floor when coming out the shower was not exchanged for a new one when I left it in the pile with the other dirty towels. The house keeper hang the same old dirty towel back up as if it was clean. Then when i was checking in the lady up front had an attitude when I ask her about tax exempt information. Also, there was long hair in my shower and i have a bald head. It seems like at different times the house keeper was using my shower.THE STAFF AND HOUSEKEEPING MADE MY TRIP HORRIBLE. I could of stayed at a motel 6 for cheaper and got treated better.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nick J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Marvin

Thank you for the valuable feedback, I have shared your comments in coaching conversations with my department leadership in addition to the individual that checked you in and individual who was responsible for cleaning your room. I can assure you that your housekeeper was not using the shower. Since your visit I have made a few changes in our housekeeping department that is having a large impact. I am glad that we were able to speak over the phone. I hope that you choose to give us a second chance, I guarantee you will have a much better experience. Thank you again for the review, and for the opportunity to speak with you over the phone.

whitehouse station, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

only "vintage" HGI i've been in. Old office built in the 1880s or so. Worth it on that alone. 12 ft ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows (with view of an alley!). Employees were nice, helpful folks. No complaints.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Neil

Thank you for the nice review. I am so glad that you enjoyed our "vintage" Hilton Garden Inn! I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your view. Please join us again soon!

Your Milwaukee Hotel,