“Great experience, will stay here again!”

The Brewhouse Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Great decor, interesting location, service excellent - on site bar & grill had exceptional food at very reasonable prices.. I would give 5 stars overall except for some minor 'just opened' rough edges that I'm sure will get better as they are open longer. One large annoyance that I have to mention - when we arrived, they were oversold on KING studios and DOWNGRADED our reservation to a one bed QUEEN. As my husband and I are both over 6 feet tall - this was really not acceptable, and was very uncomfortable, but we had no choice (they said) so we were stuck with it. In my experience, they should/could have come up with a better solution and definitely should have CALLED or EMAILED to tell us about this prior to our arrival.
This mishap put a damper on an otherwise excellent experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank LaFeeVerte

Reviewed 5 June 2013

In February of 2013, we starting looking for hotel rooms for my sister's wedding over Memorial day weekend. We were having a difficult time finding something unique with the right price. Until, I came across the Brewhouse Inn & Suites. The was not open yet, the website was up and the description intrigued us. So, we booked a room and so did my Brother and his wife.
We were not disappointed. You must stay at this hotel if you are heading to Milwaukee, very cool decor. They did a great job keeping the details from the Pabst brewery. The restaurant has the same vibe as the hotel. EVERYONE was super nice. I can't wait to go back. They offer continental breakfast in the morning, and our room came with a great little kitchen.
Our hotel room was huge, great beds. Our only complaint were the pillows. We asked the front desk for different pillows for our second night, they said they would look into that for us. When we returned for the evening, there was a nice note on our bed explaining they did not have any other pillows and apologized.
So, in recap....awesome place. Definitely not a chain hotel. If you want to stay at a really unique, very comfortable, friendly place you must stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We just returned from a night away at the Brewhouse to celebrate our anniversary. This new hotel is a wonderful gem in an up and coming neighborhood in Milwaukee. When we entered the hotel, we knew we were not just entering an average hotel. They did a wonderful job of keeping the atmosphere of the old Pabst brewery, while adding many modern touches. The rooms were quite big and decorated very tastefully with a modern, yet calming color scheme. We stayed in a king room that had many amenities that we didn't even use, like the kitchen with a flattop cooking surface. (The apartment size refrigerator did come in handy to chill our water and champagne however! ) The beds were super comfortable!!
Along with the beautiful decorating came FANTASTIC hospitality. The front desk lady was very nice and informative of the area. I am assuming that is was because the hotel is new and almost empty, but she allowed us a very late check-out time on our anniversary so we could enjoy the biergarden and a nap before returning to reality!
The restaurant and biergarden were wonderful. The food was delicious and the staff very alert.
I hope that as the word gets out about this place and the business begins to soar, nothing changes and it stays as chic and clean and hospitable as our stay was this past week.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My company had our offsite meeting here and it was the most amazing experience I've had while working. The hotel is unique and showcased Milwaukee at its finest! The room I stayed in was HUGE from floor to sealing with a FULL kitchen, living space etc. The service was impeccable and the for the price, it was top notch. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Milwaukee, its better than staying at any of the major hotels in the area. It's close to great restaurants and the waterfront. They have done an amazing job refurbishing this old brewery. JOB WELL DONE! I am definitely staying here again!

Room Tip: One bed king suite is highly recommended
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed 1 night on May 3rd. Upon arrival I was quickly greeted by the valet who opened the door as I approached.
As I walked up to the front desk I was acknowledged immediately by Chris.
My reservation was found and I was checked in quickly.

The room was very spacious and much more than I was expecting to see when I walked into the room.

The staff was very pleasant during my stay, and the housekeeper thanked me for my stay as I was leaving.

I would highly recommend and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Corey G
Reviewed 7 May 2013

For a hotel that just opened and does not have a brand affiliation, I have to say they really have their act together. The hotel is beautiful, quiet and well positioned to become an exceptional hotel. It is already very, very good.

The hotel is an old bottling plant for Pabst Brewery. It's cream city brick. A lot of thought was put into it's design and the finishes put it. The windows had to be custom made to fit openings and fortunately, the soundproofing of the windows is very good. The other soundproofing seemed to be good as well, as when standing outside the door to the hallway, I could not hear my TV inside.

As an extended stay hotel, it hits the mark. The kitchen was well stocked, even with a wine opener and good cutlery. The appliances are nice, as are the stainless steel counters and tile.

Pros:

-Thoughtfully designed and quiet
-Responsive, friendly staff
-Conveniently located to downtown, Marquette's campus and I-43/I-94
-Well appointed. Fitness center was great, room had everything and more that I needed.
-Comfortable bed and high quality linens
-2 great HD TV's wall mounted with an excellent HD channel selection.
-Sixth floor outdoor terrace, as well as a ground level outdoor sitting area

Cons:

-A few bugs to work out, such as a notification that if you arrive after a certain hour, you should go to side door where there is a key card reader. This is nothing that knocking once or twice on the front door to get the attention of the front desk agent did not solve, though.

-Breakfast could use a few more protein filled options.

Stay here when visiting Milwaukee. it's well worth the experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank BuckyBadger123
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

I am so Happy to be the first reviewer of this wonderful historic hotel. The site of an old brew house, now made into modern hotel rooms. You get to see the old copper brew kettles, you feel like the hotel is actually built around them. The sites from the East side facing rooms shows the beautiful city lights at night. The rooms themselves make you feel like you are in a hip New York city loft with the brick. The people working here are exceptional and helpful. Stay here at least once in your lifetime, if not more.

• Stayed: May 2012