“Not bad...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Not bad...”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently stayed at The Brewhouse Inn with some friends on a short overnight trip to Milwaukee from Chicago. We were not in the room much aside from sleeping, however, it was fine for what we needed. The room was clean and the pull-out bed from the sofa, along with the king size bed were both very comfortable. There were 2 tv's in the room, however, it seems when one is on, the other will lose it's signal, so you cannot have both tvs working at the same time. The room was also on the smaller side. There was a kitchenette along one wall and the sitting area with pull-out couch on the other side of that room. A short hallway then leads you to the bathroom and bedroom. The layout of the room was not easy to get around once the couch was turned into a bed and for 4 people, it was def a bit snug. The only suggestion I would offer is to have a front desk staff that is a bit more on top of things and for them to be more professional. Upon check-in, we walked into 2 employees working the front desk discussing days off or substituting for each other and it also took a bit for them to find my reservation. In addition, when pulling up to the hotel, the valet was not always around and there were a couple times we would be waiting to drop off our car. I think things could run more smoothly and with a bit more professionalism. It took away from the charm of the actual hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is really amazing. It's a hotel that was the site of the Pabst Brewery. That in itself is remarkable. This place is a work of art. There are actually things that are still there from the old days (the brew kettles, grand staircase, and from what I was told the bricks on the outside). I enjoyed my stay here. My room was clean and had a nice view of the city. This room was a suite and made it have that at home feel. The staff was awesome. The manager (asian man, I think his name was Fernandez) was eager to answer questions that I had at the desk. The lady serving breakfast was also quite plesant. The cleaning crew was very polite and respected my privacy in the room. The valet (bald bearded man, I think his name was Chad) had our vehicle brought to us fast and was nice enough to help us with our bags. Everyone that we encountered looked was if they enjoyed their job. The breakfast was free and tasty. I do think, however, that it could be more extensive considering the price of the room. Maybe some waffles or oatmeal would be nice. The area that this hotel is located in is under development so it seems kind of remote relative to the downtown area so a car is helpful to have. We had a car and used the valet instead of the parking garage across the street. The price was in the ballpark of $26, but it seemed to be worth it. There is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel. It's more like a bar, but the food was pretty good and was reasonably priced. I would recommend this place to anyone. I would come back whenever I'm in the area again.

• Stayed November 2013
Frankfort, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is truly unique. The exposed brick throughout, and the old copper brewing kettles converted to open lighting was exceptionally interesting. The staff was extremely accommodating, and were constantly looking for suggestions on how they could make it better, as they have only been open about 6 months. Always willing to help, whether it was with directions, places to eat, or just helping with doors and luggage.
We stayed in a loft suite, extremely comfortable bedding, beautiful view, but it would have been nice to have 2 baths in a suite that can potentially entertain 6 people. Also, as we suggested to them, they need a coffee pot, not a single serer Keurig in a room that large, and serving dishes for 6 and maybe some wine glasses, although we went right next door to the attached restaurant and borrowed theirs.
The restaurant was also good...nice little casual sports bar with good service and good food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Visited Milwaukee on a business trip.
Its a brand new hotel, very well managed...co-operating staff.
Stayed at Brewhouse for around a month...they applied extended stay features to the stay in which room was cleaned only on Fridays and on demand basis on weekends...room looked the same on rest of the days as left in the morning.
Queen suite has very less space, luggage place is missing, cupboard is very lean, locker facility not available.
Rent a car if staying here as downtown, department stores, supermarkets are pretty far from this hotel.
Would be happy to stay here for a week visit...would certainly avoid staying for long durations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank deepurox
Grafton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We really enjoyed this place. Part of the charm lies in the historical nature of the building, for sure. The whole area is being restored or built up, and we really liked the progress. No doubt there were a few minor imperfections - but that's often the case with a new property. Everyone we dealt with was courteous and accommodating. We attended a costume party across the street (at Best Place). We ended the evening (actually, began the morning) in the bar that's in the same building. It is a nice place - decent food, and very convenient to have it connected.

The rooms were nice - many decor items in the common 'factory' vein. Acoustics were a bit of an issue - sound travels a long way in the straight brick hallways. We were on the first floor down the hall from the lobby and breakfast area, and we could hear the breakfast crowd in our room.

Overall, we're excited to have yet another boutique hotel in Milwaukee with a flavor of the city. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Given a choice, I would ask to avoid the first floor for noise reasons.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 2 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I can't say enough about how impressed I am with what they have done with this place and the area. It's within the old Pabst brewery space, and it's fantastic. From the lobby to the rooms, you'll definitely feel like this is anything but a typical hotel. The staff was great, and very helpful with their advice. For instance, we thought we could park on the street around there (plenty of space) but she told us that we might get a ticket. Better to park in the garage just east of the hotel ($9, which, by the way, is a great deal for hotel parking) or we could valet. Either way, you'll be fine. The room was a full suite with a kitchenette that had a fridge, microwave and even a dishwasher. If you're staying for more than a day, I'd recommend bringing along some bottles of water (or beer!) and some snacks and make it like your home away from home. For the rest of the room, ours was a little on the smaller size, but we were perfectly happy with it. Bed was comfy, and the shower was awesome. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel with better water pressure. That alone boosted this place up a star in my book. Only dinged the room by a star because there was some sort of creaking sound that kept occurring throughout the night. Not like a structural thing, more like a mechanical sound. May have been the elevators, seeing as we were close to them. I wouldn't let that keep me from staying here again, however. Outside our room, you could walk around the original brew kettles and see old Schlitz commercials. Pretty cool for someone my age (40s) but even someone younger should get a kick out of seeing some of the kitschy commercials from back in the day. Love the Bull! I did mark this place down one star for location. If you're familiar with MKE, it's not a problem. Just a bit away from the fun down on 3rd street and the surrounding areas. A bit of a walk, too, if you're headed to the Summerfest grounds. Okay, more than a bit. Just be aware that you have to do a bit of walking to get to those places. Or if you have your car, it's not a problem at all. And if you're heading to a Brewers game, they have a shuttle. It's free, but tip your driver, please. The bar that's on the corner of the hotel (which you can't get to from inside the hotel, but I think it's still part of the overall building group) is terrific. We didn't get a chance to eat, but it's all local from what I'm told. And the beer selection was top notch. Sorry to get wordy, but I loved this place a

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
illinois
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Reserved 2 rooms on hotel website but when we checked in they showed only one. Good thing I had printed confirmation. Still the manager hinted at us sharing a room. Not an acceptable option! Guest services need some work but a nice property with unique rooms. Location is out of the way but under development and you can get almost anywhere in Milwaukee from here easily.

• Stayed September 2013