“Lovely boutique hotel, terribly friendly staff”

The Brewhouse Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Brewhouse Inn and Suites and will definitely be back.

The check in staff was very friendly and gave me a good ribbing for being a Cubs fan before offering tickets to the upcoming Cubs-Brewers game (sadly, we couldn't go). What was really nice was that every staff member I encountered went out of their way to greet me, ask about my stay, and wish me a good day.

The patio area is lovely, we were able to bring a bottle of wine down from our room and play cornhole in the afternoon on a lovely Saturday afternoon.

A great experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gino J, Assistant Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear bjb1977:

Thank you for being our guest and providing feedback. In true baseball fan fashion, it just wouldn't be right if we didn't have a little fun with our rivals to the south of us. It sure never gets boring around here with a few Cubs--and Bears fans within our ranks here. Of course, we love our neighbors equally. :)

We're happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

p.s. If you do consider a weekday Brewer's game--we offer great weekday rates as well and Jackson's has a free shuttle to the games.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at the hotel. The restoration that was done is beautiful. So nice to see something brought back to life in this way. We had a very enjoyable
visit. Our room was a studio queen suite on the fifth floor. We loved the unique industrial decor. The hotel was amazingly quiet and the staff friendly and accommodating. Although it is a bit of a walk to restaurants and the downtown area, we did not find this a problem and actually liked that is off on it's own. Loved looking at the buildings that were part of the old brewing company. We ate at Jackson's and had a great time there as well.
Parking was not a problem, we parked one night in the garage and found a spot on the street
the second night. The breakfast was adequate and the attendant was friendly and kept the items replenished. We would have preferred a few additional choices, maybe a little more upscale to fit the atmosphere of the hotel.
Overall, a wonderful experience and plan to return and book a larger suite. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gino J, Assistant Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Pat J:

Thank you for the feedback. We love when our guests take the time out of their busy schedules to write a review about us and it's appreciated more than you know.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel--and your suite and that you found the parking to be convenient also. We don't recommend parking on the city streets because of various parking regulations nearby but I am glad that it worked out for you.

Please come back soon, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is an homage to when this space actually was the Pabst Blue Ribbon beer brewery reflected in the decor and design details - a little rustic and modern at the same time. It deserves a blue ribbon for reasons far beyond descending from the PBR gene pool! First off, it is super cool architecturally - giant copper brew tanks remain from PBR production days and add a sculptural feel to the second floor lounge area. The rooms are spotless, as is the entire hotel. I travel for work and sometimes I don't want to eat at a restaurant - I want to pick up a salad and chill in my room. The room I had was equipped with a frig, stove, microwave, K-cup coffee machine and a bar height table for 2. The room was spacious and comfy; it was also quiet. Continental breakfast was served ...valet parking...a good restaurant, great work out facility - everything was new, plus free weights and yoga mats. The price was great too - especially considering the quality of the hotel! I have to return to Milwaukee for work and I will return to the Brewhouse, most definitely. I loved it! My husband stayed over one night and he concurs!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pam G:

Thanks so much for the kind feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the well-equipped kitchenettes in the room. They certainly aren't like your typical extended stay hotel rooms, our suites have more of a high-end residential feel. Plenty of space with the essentials, and fine decor at the right price. Please come back soon, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

On check in, they made me read the house rules, among others was... 'No Parties or loud music in room'. On my FIRST night, I was awoken by this loud party going on down the hall around 2 am till 4 am. Calling the reception did not help because it was a wedding celebration and the guest were all drunk and having a good time and you get married only once right..
On the 3rd and 4th night, the roof was leaking into my bed and I was sleeping with plastic covers. After changing to a new room, the housekeeping didnt make my room for 2 consecutive days, eventhough I informed the reception on the first day.
Everyone was very friendly but sorry.. I will not be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mayflower2656:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very disappointed in learning about your experience and wish we could have connected while you were here rather than learning about these issues after your departure. Our number one goal is to ensure each of our guests has a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Clearly, we failed to do that in this case and that is not the level of service we expect to provide or you deserve. I am a bit baffled by some of the things you've experienced and I'd like some more specifics from you. To help us make the necessary improvements, I would love to talk to you more about your stay. Please contact me at (414) 810-3350 or gjorgensen@brewhousesuites.com at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Repurposed from an old brewery, this hotel has a lot of unique and interesting features--copper brew tanks overhead on the second floor; bathroom hardware of old pipes; reception desk faced with the bottoms of beer bottles (like glass medallions).More important to us was that the place was clean and quiet, the service excellent. It's walking distance from many downtown attractions. We were a little put off at first by the immediate surroundings--lots of parking garages, empty lots, and rubble, but inside we felt entirely safe. It's an up and coming neighborhood. If you get in late, don't go out--the restaurant has a good menu.

Dear kmkirby911:

Thank you so much for the feedback! I agree, the menu at Jackson's is good. Try the pizza or cheese curds next time you're in town. The patio is now open as well!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is the renovated brewhouse for the Papst Brewing Company. They kept the brass brewing kettles in the atrium and it's quite a site. A block away are the old offices under rennovation, but of course, the bar was open at the start of the tour.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sparkomatic

Dear Sparkomatic:

Thank you for being our guest and providing your wonderful comments. Unique, indeed and we're very proud of our unique, one-of-a-kind premier hotel and our extraordinary staff that make it all happen by providing excellent service to "suite" your needs. We look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Where can you find a place that has staff just as wonderful as the hotel itself? BREWHOUSE INN! My boyfriend and I recently stayed there as a little anniversary get away. I researched probably every hotel in Milwaukee. I wanted nothing but the best for this trip. That is exactly what we got! The hotel itself is beautiful. Our room featured high ceilings with an industrial exposed brick wall. The doors separating our bedroom from our living room had beautiful stained glass. Our room had a fully stocked kitchen, living room, and a separate king sized bedroom. The second floor of the hotel has the original brewing machines (they told me the name of them I forgot). The second floor also has multiple sitting areas. The breakfast in the morning was light and delicious. The best part about this hotel is that the customer service was just as amazing as the hotel itself.

I was planning the trip and wanted to make sure everything was perfect! Thank goodness for Kellie. Not only did she answer some of my questions about the Expedia deal that was going on but when we did arrive she mentioned she requested one of her personal favorite rooms for us. She went above and beyond for us. I had so many questions about the best attractions, restaurants and just Milwaukee's hidden gems in general. She knew so many great places to go.

If I could compare this hotel to any other hotel and find it comparable as far as quality goes. It would be the Iron Horse Inn. Only when comparing prices, I realized I was getting at the Brewhouse Inn a living room, fully stocked kitchen, king size bedroom, and breakfast which cost less than Iron Horses although beautiful just a room with a bed and desk.

JUST BOOKED OUR NEXT STAY AT BREWHOUSE INN AND NEEDLESS TO SAY... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gino J, Assistant Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear MWO1230:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of The Brewhouse Inn & Suitesl! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your comments onto Kellie and the rest of our staff who always appreciate feedback. We're the perfect spot for a relaxing anniversary splurge. Next time if you're able to sneak off work for a weekday or two, we have great weekday rates for a quiet getaway as well.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you back again real soon!