Milwaukee Marriott Downtown
US$143
Hotels.com
US$144
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$119
HIExpress.com
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
US$97
Travelocity
US$125
US$115
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$218
US$200
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$94
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskvalet parkingwithin walking distanceart museumnice propertybusiness travelerpublic marketstayed two nightsconvenient locationking roomsummerfest groundspleasant staycomfortable roomsexcellent stayvalet servicethe river walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Although there is no "wow factor" to this hotel, there is also not much to complain about. The rooms are clean, the location is perfect, it was quiet, and the staff was very nice. The bar downstairs has a good selection of beers on tap and plenty of TVs for watching sports. The breakfast was pretty solid and and came out quickly. If I wasn't traveling alone, I might have felt that the room was relatively small. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diefy
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My family and I have been enjoying Milwaukee's Downtown area for years and have always wanted a full service Marriott here. Well as of July 2013 there is now a full service Marriott!!
My visit here was wonderful, they have plenty of Valet/Bell staff to get your vehicle parked and your luggage up to your room. Dan who heads this group knows how to take care of guests, I like to be pampered and Dan and his team do a good job. Check in was a breeze and what a wonderful lobby area, with a restaurant and Starbucks right on site. They do not have but one suite I was told but we got a double queen room on the concierge level and it was real nice. It had at very large TV (one of if not the largest I have ever had in a hotel room), the bathroom even though not large enough for my standards was well finished. They spared no expense at all, the furnishings were very nice to include Kohler faucets in the bathroom. I had an excellent nights sleep the bedding felt great when I snuggled in for the night. Any staff that I came in contact to was very nice and helpful. This was a great visit only one night but next time we plan on staying the entire weekend, I want try out the on site restaurant.

Room Tip: Good location, You cannot go wrong with this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Nice hotel, great location (a few short blocks from Riverside/Pabst theater, which we were going to for a show). Rooms were clean and spacious. Hotel Lobby was very appealing. Service was great. Fair prices. Only small (not even) complaint is the size of the pool! Recommend Millioke Restaurant attached to hotel.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have a descent view. Nothing spectacular though.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry T
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel is much more than the typical Marriott. It has been completely renovated and the entire look and feel is much nicer than what I was expecting. I would stay again for sure.
The rooms were very well appointed and the bathroom has finally done away with the useless bathtub in favor of a sleek shower with a glass door. Much more modern and functional for the business traveler.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan O
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The property itself is new and gorgeous. The north part is an old Milwaukee building - this is where the restaurant is and faces the main road - and a newer hotel side has been attached to the south. The lobby is gorgeous with a really cool gas fireplace as you enter and plenty of seating areas. The room was quiet and comfortable, a typical modern Marriott-style room. My room had a minifridge-sized cabinet, but no fridge inside. There's a fitness center open 24h and a tiny tiny indoor pool (for traveling with kids in a downtown hotel it would be great, not so much for someone hoping to do laps.) The staff is uniformly outstanding, and the restaurant is comfortable and lets you sample the beer-and-meat style of this town. It's in a great location, with several interesting restaurants within a couple of blocks' walk, including African, Cuban, and sushi. There's also a terrific used bookstore nearby (ask the desk for directions) and the riverwalk is a few blocks west. For a cool cocktail experience the Pfister hotel a block away has a rooftop lounge.

The biggest problem was parking. The hotel does not own a garage, but will valet park your car at $30/day, which approaches Chicago prices. There's a garage across the street run by "Central Parking" at $16/night, no in/out. Since I wasn't going to need the car while in town, I went with the garage across the street. BIG MISTAKE. First the woman at the gate refused to take a credit card, saying it was "policy", sending me scrambling to find an ATM. Then she severely overcharged me by several nights. She refused to hand me back my ticket (the date stamp would have proven she was overcharging me) and threatened to call security on me when I complained. To add insult, she couldn't provide me a real receipt for the cash transaction, instead scribbling something on (literally) a scrap of paper. In retrospect, I'm not even sure she worked for the garage, this may be a scam. The phone number for Central Parking is not answered during business hours on a weekday. So the hotel needs to work out a better system here or a deal with a professionally-run garage. I would have been better off swallowing the valet charge.

So this is a lovely new property with some minor kinks to work out in improving the overall guest experience. I assume many business travelers to Milwaukee, like me, have a car, since there is no rail/subway to speak of in Milwaukee. Handling parking is therefore very important. The Marriott should either lower the valet charge or find a better-run garage for guests.

Room Tip: South side is away from the main street. Pool and gym are on second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business