“Beautiful Hotel”

Milwaukee Marriott Downtown
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend and had a good experience. This is a new hotel in Milwaukee and it is impressive. First, the location is great! It is within walking distance of several restaurants, bars, theaters, and events. Second, the staff was so nice! Everyone from the valet to the reception to the bellhop. Everyone was very friendly and answered any questions we had. Now, we stayed this past weekend which was a really busy weekend in Milwaukee. This was literally the last hotel room available downtown. We checked in at about 5:00pm, and our room was not ready yet due to having a full house the night before and a full house that night as well. This understandably can put a crunch on housekeeping. The staff was very courteous and gave us 2 free drinks and an appetizer in the bar. They also gave us 2 free drinks at Starbucks. This was thoughtful and we enjoyed the food and drinks. The room was ready about an hour later. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. I liked the modern decor and for having a full house, it was very quiet. I couldn't hear people coming and going from their rooms at all. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Milwaukee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TLCotton

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Booked this property after being a Platinum member with Marriott and not wanting to stay at the conference Hilton hotel. Rooms and amenities are nice. Front of the house staff are great. Housekeeping was not up to par at all. Found a few things throw away that i wanted to keep and coffee supplies and other stuff not replaced with new ones. I will stay at the residence inn from now on in Milwaukee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your expereince. As a direct result of your feedback we are evaluating our process in cleaning our guest rooms, specifically when it comes to personal articles. I was delighted to hear that you found the staff to be delightful and the rooms and amenities to your liking. We most appreciate your platinum level membership and know you have choices. Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stay in hotels nearly 240 nights a year, mostly for work. This is one of the nicest, cleanest most professional hotels I ever stayed in. The staff is outstanding and the room was outstanding. I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My friend and I decided to take an impromptu trip up to Milwaukee from Chicago for the weekend and made reservations at the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by the valet attendant. I didn't realize that the hotel would be valet only in downtown Milwaukee and at $30.00 per night I was a little shocked. However, unlike most other ramps near the hotel, the valet parking has unlimited in/out access. The ramp across the street is $16.00 each time you take your car out of the ramp. We used my car often, so in the end this was a winning situation.

The girl at the desk at check-in (we checked in on Friday, 2/7 around 9:00-9:30pm) was super friendly. I can't recall names (I am horrible with names), but she definitely set the bar high right off the bat. We grab our stuff and head up to the room. I did notice an odd "smell" in the hallway on the 8th floor, like a dirty vacuum cleaner or something. We smelled it all weekend. Might want to check that out. Once we got to our room, I was impressed with the cleanliness and just how nice the room was overall. The room was large, plenty of room to move about and the bathroom was also large. We really didn't want to leave the room all weekend it was that nice! I would look into having a softer pillow option as the ones in the room are comfy at first but sleeping on them all night made for a stiff neck in the morning, no big deal though.

In the morning we had breakfast down in the restaurant. The service was spot on and the waitress (again, I can't recall her name but there is another server we had on Sunday who looked just like her) was on it the entire time. Always had a smile and made us laugh several times. As did the server on Sunday morning. The food came out quickly and we did eat some food off the buffet.

The hotel is in a good location with plenty of restaurants close and within walking distance. I would suggest this hotel to anyone staying in Milwaukee. The hotel is nice and modern and feels good when you walk in the door. All of the staff was super friendly, always greeting and saying hello. Everyone had a smile on their face... it was refreshing. We will be back and we will stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed 26 January 2014

First time staying there for business. The rooms are very new and nice. The staff are very friendly, helpful and professional except they don't know how to connect an outside call to the room?? Wife wasn't happy. Parking is pricey as only valet parking for $30/night is available. I self-parked across the street for $16/night.
For those of us who live in hotels, the concierge level is bad. It is very nicely decorated and roomy. But, generally it opened late and closed early. One day no one showed up to open it and the manager had to try to get it going. He was very apologetic but unfortunately for me it was too late. Food is very mediocre. Not a lot of variety, pretty much the same "pizza puff" finger food every night. They ran out of desserts one night. The Minneapolis City Center Marriott concierge level (best of the bunch) puts this one to shame.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators as the "chime" is very loud and annoying.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank bigtuna2014
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your comments. I was the manager that you met the morning the concierge lounge did in fact open late. I apologize again for the inconvience, as typically our lounge is open and ready at 6:30am daily Monday through Friday. We value feedback and will continue to evolve the services we provide in the lounge and throughout the hotel. Thank you again.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Positives include: Pleasant front desk staff during morning and afternoon shift. Trendy atmosphere.

Negatives: The room was clean but smelled unbearably like paint. Valet parking is outrageous at $30 per day. The morning valet was rude.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

I am sorry to hear your expereince with the valet was less than positive and we will certainly address your concerns. Thank you for sharing your feedback, I was happy to hear the trendy atmosphere and warm staff were to your liking. Please reach out to me directly on your next visit to downtown Milwaukee, I hope we can become your first choice in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Over the years we have stayed at every Milwaukee downtown hotel and this new Marriott property is by far the best.

They differentiate themselves with outstanding customer service. Every single employee with whom I interacted created a positive impression. Very hard to do as a management team, and very enjoyable from the guest's perspective.

Check in was fast and friendly. Everything was well explained.

Rooms were spacious and perfectly equipped with multiple outlets at the desk, a coffee maker, excellent desk chair, and very comfortable wing chair for reading or relaxing. Beds were great.

Gym had several brand new life fitness ellipticals, treadmills and bikes as well as a few weight machines and dumbbells. Nice set up and 24 hour access.

We did not do breakfast but did have lunch at hotel. Menu is more towards meat so not much pasta, but many restaurant options walking distance.

Check out was 5 seconds ( a new standard for all hotels.).

Parking was $30/day for valet with unlimited access.

I reserve the 5th star only for the best, and this place joins some very elite company.

Stayed: January 2014