“Well appointed hotel”

Milwaukee Marriott Downtown
Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Well appointed hotel”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This is my hotel of choice when on business in Milwaukee. A relatively new hotel which makes it spotlessly clean and totally comfortable. Good executive lounge and avspeedy check in and out service. A nice bar and a good restaurant - you won't go wrong staying here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your comments! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience. We are delighted to have you as a guest of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please let me know if I may ever be of personal assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a great Marriott! It is it a newer property (June 2013) and very well-appointed. The rooms are a good size, the rooms are quiet. The concierge lounge is a huge space and the fitness center is well-equipped.
Everyone I encountered (from the valet to the front desk to the restaurant staff) were all extremely helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JessZoladz
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the Marriott on a Saturday night with a couple of wedding events happening in the hotel. I was wary when we went through the lobby about 10 pm as it was noisy - happy noise but noisy none the less. I am not sure if the hallways were monitored or how they kept the noise down around the sleeping rooms, but our room was quiet and we both got a good night's sleep. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable.

The staff was helpful and friendly. Valet parking was convenient and speedy - and in and out as often as you needed for the one day price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Walking16
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had read reviews and was excited to stay at this hotel. I booked a corner king room for $250 a night with tax. The lobby and the exterior of the hotel was really hip and fresh. The staff was incredibly nice and friendly. Check in was very easy and again everyone was very friendly and helpful. I had asked for a high floor and was booked on the 4th floor (not really that high). The room actually looked out on the massive air conditioners. The sound was really loud and the fans would kick on and off making it really noisy. I asked if we could be moved to a room that was a little quieter and the front desk was extremely attentive and switched our room. The next room- once we set our bags down there was country music playing. I just assumed it was a clock radio left on- but there was no clock radio. The sound was coming from the next door room. The music was not loud- but we could clearly hear the music and the entire conversation going on in the room next door. I was shocked at how poor the sound insulation was - we really could hear our neighbors complete conversation - and they were just talking normal volume. Since we had already asked to have our room switched we just decided to deal with it- we were going out most of the night anyhow and hoped our neighbors would not be too loud later.
Well- starting at 12 every time someone in the hall came home we could hear everything. The doors slammed, conversations in the hall. Long story short this hotel this is not a quiet hotel. It is a nice, clean, hip place but a quiet nights sleep is not something you will get here.
The final straw was the morning we checked out. It was a Sunday morning and promptly at 9am a loud banging started on each door - a woman yelled "Housekeeping". It was really loud and aggressive banging. I had forgotten to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign up- but I have never had housekeeping bang on my door early in the morning - especially the day I check out. Yes I should have put the sign up- but housekeeping could have been a little quieter at 9am on a sunday.

Overall- I would not recommend this hotel. I hate to say that because the staff was so friendly and the vibe of the hotel is great- but the room noise was intolerable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ebking22
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I apologize for the noise disturbance during your stay, clearly we could have found a room more to suitable to your needs and away from some of the hallway traffic. I also thank you for your comments about the warmth and genuine care of the staff, as well as the stylish appearance of the hotel. We do take your comments seriously and will work on noise remediation in that patricluar room to the best of our ability. I certainly hope you will once again consider the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown, and thank you for your patronage.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

this is one of the few hotels I'm willing to give the full rating too. If you can overlook the over-priced valet parking, there is nothing not to like. This is a beautiful property, fantastic rooms, super staff, quick, efficient and friendly - never had to wait a minute for anything. Fast and friendly check-in and out. Great rooms, clean, fresh, seem new. Great sleep. Great location and restaurants. My only advice is to park across the street at the $16 a night garage, it's quicker and more convenient than the valet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Exceptional staff. Super friendly. Hats off to David at the front desk. The hotel is excellent. Beds are comfortable and the bar/restaurant attached has lounge seating and a great vibe. Breakfast was awesome! The pool is small but the kids had a blast.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Foodie_BigD
Cedar Rapids, IA
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed for one night and found the hotel to be clean, conveniently located and very comfortable. Staff was friendly and very helpful regarding where to go for dinner and nearby businesses. Received coupon at check-in for complimentary continental breakfast which was excellent. Lots of variety and good quality - highly recommend. It is within walking distance of BMO Bradley Harris area, but due to weather we used Uber to get around. Tip - The address for this hotel 323 E Wisconsin Ave did not match to GPS. Taxi driver and pizza delivery driver could not find hotel by this address. Thankfully it is very well known hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends