“No Blarney Here!”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: County Clare is located 10 minutes walk from the Milwaukee Art Museum and Irish Fest grounds. Our Irish themed restaurant has won several accolades over our 15 year existence.
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We headed downtown for my girlfriend's art show. We decided to stop at a restaurant we've been meaning to try since we were in the area. County Clare was a good choice. Although we didn't indulge in one of the beers or "Guinness specialties" on the menu, the drinks were certainly tempting. My husband ordered the Irish Smoked Salmon sandwich, and I ordered the Smoked Salmon Salad. We dined on a Sunday, so County Clare offered several brunch entrees and a limited additional menu. Being a non-meat/poultry diner, I had plenty to choose from. There were two other tables seated when we arrived around noon on Sunday. We were promptly greeted and seated. Our diet Coke and iced tea arrived quickly, and our server took our order. Although there weren't many diners at the time, it seemed to take some time for our orders to arrive, at least 15 to 20 minutes. Neither of our entrees came with "pre-lunch" food such as warm bread, so the time seemed to drag. My salad was excellent. It contained three thinly sliced portions of smoked salmon, mixed greens, red onion, grape tomato halves, carrot, croutons (I don't think they were made in-house), a small round of goat cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette. I had to ask our server about the interesting, slightly salty and crunchy items decorating my salad. They were fried capers, and they were interesting and yummy. If there was anything the salad could have used, it would have been an additional slice of smoked salmon. My husband's smoked salmon sandwich was disappointing. It had a wealth of lettuce, onion, tomato and dill sauce, but only one thin slice of smoked salmon on each half of the sandwich. It could have used an additional thin slice on each sandwich half. The sandwich was accompanied by potato salad, and (yes, I sampled my husband's salad) it was flavorful and a great accompaniment. We ended our meal by splitting an order of bread pudding. It arrived steamy hot and topped with a dollop of real whipped cream. It contained plenty of raisins and it featured a sweet and tasty whiskey sauce. It was the perfect way to end our meal. We intend to return to County Clare on an evening when the full menu is served to enjoy some of the additional Irish treats. The menu features a wealth of non-meat items that look interesting and inviting.

1  Thank divaw0rld

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

When our hotel restaurant shut for the evening, we were desperate to find somewhere not too far as very tired. We were delighted to be told that this restaurant would be open.
It was a very nice place, with friendly service and good and tasty food. The service was also quick which was what we wanted.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Having recently been to Ireland I was delight to find this restaurant on a trip to Milwaukee.
It is a very unique setting in the older, ethnic part of the city. It is very well decorated and just a fun place to visit. Parking is very easy and free in this area, also easy to find. They have inside or outside dining. The bar offers a great variety of beers including some of my favorites from Ireland. The menu is very broad and offers something for everyone. I had the Irish stew and it was better than most I had in Ireland. The lamb was perfect and such a nice presentation of vegatables, very fresh. My husband had the Sheperds Pie and it too was delicious. We had no room for dessert but their menu is great. We had great service and will be back again on future visits. The Inn was sold out that week otherwise we would have stayed. Highly reccomend this restruarant

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We took our family here on a recent trip to Milwaukee. The restaurant was easy to find and had good free parking. We loved the interior which had antiques and cool beer signs. My husband and boys were shocked with the Bloody Mary my husband received. It contained a meal in itself with a cheese and meat stick, pickle, celery and more. My boys ordered the Chicken Shannon and my husband and I shared the shepherd's pie. The portions were very good and the staff was professional. The restaurant is filled with windows and we enjoyed a table with a great street view. The atmosphere was lively and I recommend that you try a meal there. A link to their menu is here:

The Flynn Family
Michigan

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We love County Clare on a cold winter's evening. The food is real "stick to your ribs" kind of Irish fare such as delicious root soup, meatloaf & mashed potatoes, Shepard's pie etc. We were last there just two weeks ago in June and enjoyed a huge rueben, taking half of it home with us. It's a fun atmosphere. Can get kind of noisy on game day, but that's part of the fun. Our service has always been good. The pub is attached to an inn that looks quaint. They also have a nice room for private parties. Just on street parking, but in a nice neighborhood so walking is not a problem.

1  Thank Cathy J