“Milwaukee Gem”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: County Clare is located 10 minutes walk from the Milwaukee Art Museum and Irish Fest grounds. Our Irish themed restaurant has won several accolades over our 15 year existence.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

It has been over 10 years since I have eaten at County Clare, and I am happy to say it is as charming as ever. Excellent brunch, helpful and courteous staff. Didn't save room for dessert and will not make that mistake again, as the carrot cake I eyed at an neighboring table made my mouth water.
It is a quick trip to Milwaukee from Chicago, I will not wait 10 years for my next visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Authentic Irish food, award winning pub, awesome huge breakfast on the weekends, pretty nice breakfast on the weekdays, accommodation for omnivore, gluten-free, vegetarian, dairy free and vegan, all can eat, sometimes the same dish with minor changes.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

A great Irish pub - I thought I was back in Ireland. Very authentic food and great Irish pub atmosphere. We were lucky enough to be at the pub when the musicians performed traditional Irish songs. Will plan to go back for more soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We headed downtown for my girlfriend's art show. We decided to stop at a restaurant we've been meaning to try since we were in the area. County Clare was a good choice. Although we didn't indulge in one of the beers or "Guinness specialties" on the menu, the drinks were certainly tempting. My husband ordered the Irish Smoked Salmon sandwich, and I ordered the Smoked Salmon Salad. We dined on a Sunday, so County Clare offered several brunch entrees and a limited additional menu. Being a non-meat/poultry diner, I had plenty to choose from. There were two other tables seated when we arrived around noon on Sunday. We were promptly greeted and seated. Our diet Coke and iced tea arrived quickly, and our server took our order. Although there weren't many diners at the time, it seemed to take some time for our orders to arrive, at least 15 to 20 minutes. Neither of our entrees came with "pre-lunch" food such as warm bread, so the time seemed to drag. My salad was excellent. It contained three thinly sliced portions of smoked salmon, mixed greens, red onion, grape tomato halves, carrot, croutons (I don't think they were made in-house), a small round of goat cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette. I had to ask our server about the interesting, slightly salty and crunchy items decorating my salad. They were fried capers, and they were interesting and yummy. If there was anything the salad could have used, it would have been an additional slice of smoked salmon. My husband's smoked salmon sandwich was disappointing. It had a wealth of lettuce, onion, tomato and dill sauce, but only one thin slice of smoked salmon on each half of the sandwich. It could have used an additional thin slice on each sandwich half. The sandwich was accompanied by potato salad, and (yes, I sampled my husband's salad) it was flavorful and a great accompaniment. We ended our meal by splitting an order of bread pudding. It arrived steamy hot and topped with a dollop of real whipped cream. It contained plenty of raisins and it featured a sweet and tasty whiskey sauce. It was the perfect way to end our meal. We intend to return to County Clare on an evening when the full menu is served to enjoy some of the additional Irish treats. The menu features a wealth of non-meat items that look interesting and inviting.

1  Thank divaw0rld
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

When our hotel restaurant shut for the evening, we were desperate to find somewhere not too far as very tired. We were delighted to be told that this restaurant would be open.
It was a very nice place, with friendly service and good and tasty food. The service was also quick which was what we wanted.