“Good, quaint restaurant, but a tiny flaw in the kitchen's attention to detail”

The Pasta Tree Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #257 of 1,539 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our waiter was very attentive , friendly and our food was served promptly and we never felt rushed, and encouraged to enjoy our time there. A waitress I had at a prior visit to Pasta Tree said to our table, "you don't want any more bread do you? You will be too full for your dinner." I didn't see her that night, but I hope she is no longer there. No one should tell a customer how much they should eat.

At this visit, I had a good linguini dish with a creamy pesto sauce that included shrimp. Although the shrimp were good, they still had the tails on. For a pasta dish like that, I shouldn't have to pull off the tail and dig through a sauce, and instead, just be able to eat the pasta.

I will be back again, but it is these little things that make the difference between a good and a great experience at a restaurant.

2  Thank HungryGypsy

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I read several good reviews and was looking forward to trying a local Italian restaurant. The best word to describe my disappointing experience is "underwhelming." For the entire restaurant, which was serving quite a few patrons, there was 1 server and 1 host who were so busy they were running around like crazy people and unable to focus on their customer service, which severely suffered. It took 50 minutes to get our entrees and while the food was not terrible, it was very lackluster at best in flavor and presentation. It was not the worst Italian I have eaten, but it definitely was not the best. Even still $50 for 2 entrees and 2 drinks was not worth what we got. In addition, the atmosphere was not as welcoming as I imagine it was in its hay day. My spouse's chair was broken and rickety and we sat so uncomfortably close to other patron's that we might as well have been dining together. Also, the ladies restroom was dirty and the sink counter completely moved from the wall when I turned the water on. Most unfortunate for what could be a very classy, romantic, Italian restaurant. Perhaps things would be better if they had more staffing to clean, fix, cook and provide superb customer service.

2  Thank Erin B
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Spent the weekend in Milwaukee and wanted Italian. Was very happy to find this little hole in the wall. Great food, service and atmosphere. A must do if you are in town.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

This restaurant will not disappoint. The wait staff are excellent and the food and wine choices more than adequate for anyone. We will go back.

1  Thank gmulry
Reviewed 8 April 2013

It has been several years since last visiting the Pasta Tree and we were glad to be back. The menu is full and varied - particularly in the pasta offerings. A number of their traditional offerings, which we enjoyed during our last visit, were still on the menu and still seem to be very popular based on the plates we saw being carried through the dining room. They offer a number of off menu specials which several at our table enjoyed. The cocktails were well made, the service was excellent and we did not feel rushed - even though it was busy for a week-night crowd. My only caution is to be prepared for tight seating.