“Best ever...”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
“Best ever...”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Had a anniversary dinner, seven course chefs menu with wine pairing.. Everything was to perfection. Quaint little space, simple settings but yet very classy. Realized sophistication can be achieved without overdoing it. Our server was very nice and answered our question about the Resturant and the food with much patience...the food where do I start, it had burst of flavor.loved the salmon with marinated potatoes and spinach, duck with Asian twist served with kimchi and rice noddles with sake barbecue sauce,would never thought it would go so well with eachother.. I can go on and on... Desert were to die for Rhubarb tart with malt icecream yumm..All in all it was a wonderful ride of flavors which took me high on that special night... Would love to come back...

1 Thank Adhikar

“Another excellent meal.”
Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

5-19-2012

I made a late call to Sanford, on a Saturday afternoon to see if they had an opening. I was told it was busy, but no problem. They are absolutely the most accommodating people I have ever met!

Once again we had another outstanding meal. Very unusual, but in a great way. The talent in the kitchen never ceases to amaze me. Some restaurants like to do things different, just to be different. At Sanford, if it does not complement the dish, they are not going to use it. Most of the dishes have several components, all of which tie it all together, making for a real taste sensation.

I should have made some notes in order to fully describe the dishes, but I didn't. I had a soup that was fantastic.

I had an appetizer of ravioli that was referred to something like a Spiced Hog's Head Ravioli. (not listed on their online menu, so I probably don't have the right description.) A new flavor for me, and also fantastic. Tons of flavor in little packages.

A soup referred to as: WaterzooÏ Soup with Seared Carrot and Snap Peas. I wish I could have had a gallon to take home. It was SO good. Thick, without being rich, as they generally try to not add cream to make soups rich, but to do it by concentrating the ingredients. It was fantastic.

One of my big hits was Seared Alaskan Halibut on Wild Mushroom Risotto Cake, Asparagus Nage

My dessert is the only thing that I have had before at Sanford, and it is one of my favorites:

Warm Cherry Clafoutis, Morello Cherry Ice Cream It is always on the menu and is a favorite of everyone that tries it.

We really enjoy the variety of food at Sanford, they never let the menu become stagnant, with the same items on it. Always seasonal items that are fresh, and locally available fresh ingredients.

The staff are always exceptional. We have gotten to know them and to a person, they are genuine, caring and always work as a team. If a table is to be cleared, I have seen any of them step in and take care of the customer. It is always a treat to see them and enjoy the excellent service they provide.

2 Thank EG-950
Milwaukee, WI
“Still the Best”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Every time I am eating at a great restaurant around the country I find myself comparing it to Sanford. Rarely does it ever match up. I eat at Sanford a couple times a year and they continue to get everything right, every time. The food is always incredible and the service is always the most professional you will find anywhere. The servers maintain a very professional level, but are still really friendly and willing to answer any questions about the menu. I have never felt any “snooty” vibe that you can find at some fine dine places. You have to be someone who has an open mind about food, because you will be trying some new flavors, but the food is simply incredible. The desserts are the best you will find anywhere.

• Visited May 2012
Racine, Wisconsin
“One of a Kind Food”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

This place was a big shock to me. I came here because I knew the pastry chef at the time and couldn't believe the service and the food here. Everything was absolutely amazing. I felt a bit embarrassed because I was pretty underdressed here. I can't wait to come back here when I return home from traveling. The big thing for people is to come prepared with a lot of money. It is a bit expensive. We ordered an appetizer, main course and dessert and it came to at least $100. But this experience here was absolutely wonderful.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Mera Y
USA
“Still the most sophisiticated place in town.”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is the place to go for a really special meal. Other places try, but here they really know food.