“Fine dining in a casual atmosphere”
Review of Crawdaddy's Cajun & Creole - CLOSED

Crawdaddy's Cajun & Creole
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We were brought by friends to this unpretentious and festive little restaurant. You could drive right past and miss it – it is in a working class neighborhood not too far from Miller Park. The interior has a Mardi Gras theme, and service is warm and efficient. But the real highlight here is the food! Our dishes were all delicious, piping hot, and had subtle flavor combinations that made this much better than the “Cajun” style food served at many chain restaurants. My Cajun Chicken Cordon Bleu, for example, had smoky ham and a pecan cream sauce. They say the carrots are famous here, but it is the garlic mashed potatoes that will bring me back. They were perfect. The menu can be found online. Seafood dishes are plentiful and the jambalaya was also delicious. While the feeling was fun and casual, the food was truly fine dining.

2  Thank 4grlsmom

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Crawdaddy's is a great blend of deliciously prepared Cajun food in a remarkably huge menu with generous portions. The chicken firesticks on the appetizer menu are addictive and a wonderful introduction to the meal. No matter what you order, be sure to include a side of Crawdaddy's legedary carrots. They're to die for. While the food is terrific, it's a busy place so go early to get a table a little faster. Service is friendly, but can be spotty. Not sure if that's the kitchen or the waitstaff, but it's good to know going in. Additionally, the acoustics tend to favor a noisy atmosphere, so be prepared to talk loudly to your table mates.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Soup of the Day - Cream of Asparagus & Crab: served on a bed of rice with bread and butter. A nice spiciness to the soup and the crab meat sprinkled over the top made for some great layers of flavor. In a word, it was outstanding!

Entre - Tender chicken breast covered with crawfish, asparagus and hollandaise sauce. Served with angel hair pasta and our carrots. This dish came with two wonderfully seasoned chicken breasts placed over the top of their signature carrots and angel hair pasta. A plethora of lightly coated sautéed craw tails were heaped in a mound with 3 hefty asparagus spears laid across it all. The hollandaise sauce was drizzled over everything which made for that great flavor to be savored with each bite of any part of the dish.

Libation - A couple bottles of Abita Turbodog completed the meal.

I'll be back. This is one of my favorite restaurants in the Milwaukee area.

1  Thank TosaJoe
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I love the Mardi Gras and New Orleans decor. Each table is covered in plain white paper and you are given crayons to draw, write, etc.on the paper. They have some very creative pictures posted that people have drawn.

Then there's the food. Oh, my gosh, the food. This is absolutely my favorite restaurant. I always get the same thing; a half order of the blacked tenderloin which comes with a beautiful Hollandaise sauce, topped with one grilled shrimp, perfectly done angel hair pasta, and oh my gosh, the best in the world, awesome, heavenly, bright, orange, sliced carrots. You might turn up your nose at carrots but I promise you, you have never had carrots like these before.

My husband has had gumbo, catfish done a number of different ways, and different steaks and has always raved about each of his choices.

This is just a great restaurant, a little pricey, with fabulous food and drinks..You will see people wearing everything from jeans to very dressy dresses. Do try it. It might become your favorite restaurant too.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We had a retirement party (group of 6) this past week and it was great! We had our waitress busy between drinks, appetizers, main courses, etc.,etc. and she as well as everything we ordered was perfect. She gave us plenty of time w/our apps so we could just talk and enjoy ourselves. When our dinners were brought out they were (as always) very hot, very tasty and a lot of food. I can't say it enough if you like good food, nice people and fair pricing for what you get GO to Crawdaddy's. We can't wait to go again!

1  Thank WereHappyTravelers