“A chain restaurant, but still really good”

Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,571 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wells Ave
Reviewed 22 October 2013

When I am traveling I normally only eat at local, original places. However, I did have one meal here while I was on a 10 day business trip. Great food and really good beer. I had the cobb salad and a house Kolsch. Sat at the bar and my server was really nice. Even though this restaurant is part of a chain, I really liked it. Great location in downtown Milwaukee.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Very good brew pub. Great beers nice menu selections. Large servings, good happy hour. In the summer- outdoor seating along the water. Always packed when I have visited which tells me that I am not the only one that like this place

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I tried their Margherita Pizza. It was basically too salty to eat. It seemed to have a base of butter or olive oil and garlic salt. My view is if you cant make one of the most basic pizzas, then don't make pizzas. On a classic Margherita Pizza, it has patches of mozzarella cheese over sliced tomatoes and olive oil with some fresh garlic. This was one giant mass of cheese over a really salty base. The beers a Rocktoberfest and a Red were quite acceptable. Service was good.

Miranda D, Guest Relations Manager at Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your business and for providing this feedback. I'll pass along this information to the team so we can address the issue you pointed out. If you'd like to discuss this further, please contact us at rbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and someone will be in touch.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Visiting Milwaukee for a meeting and two of our group happened by this restaurant while walking the Riverwalk.

We arrived at 6:30 with no reservations and learned there would be an hour's wait. Opting to get a beer, then eat in the bar was a wise choice. (Thanks to Susie & Dick who were vacating their "bar table" as we walked by and let me squat with them while their bill was finalized.)

Sarah was knowledgeable and eager to make suggestions. Though I refrained from her highest recommendation of fish tacos, I did enjoy the hazelnut encrusted chicken. The two salads chosen by our party were reported to also be yummy.

A pleasant experience overall and a short walk from our hotel.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I had a table outdoors overlooking the river. Great views of boats, ducks and the river.
Service is prompt, friendly and efficient.
German mac and cheese is the best that I have had.
I will make this a regular stop on future trips to Milwaukee