“Would go back”

Milwaukee ChopHouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Milwaukee ChopHouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,540 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Milwaukee ChopHouse began its critical acclaim 2002. From the beginning it has earned a reputation for providing a spectacular wine list, a consistent classic menu, all while being delivered by some of the best service professionals the city has to offer. Our cellar is extensive and well thought through. With a list that was honored by The Wine Spectator with the Award of Excellence, how can one not find the perfect choice? The menu is a reflection of its classic steakhouse atmosphere. Some of the best steaks and chops are served along side the freshest seasonal seafood. Located in the heart of downtown, the Milwaukee ChopHouse is within walking distance of the theater district, sports venues, shopping and the lakefront.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Food was very good, went for downtown dining week to try the place. Server was very friendly and helpful when it came to recommendations. Inside dinning area is very small. I had scallops which were cooked perfectly. Atmosphere was quiet, would recommend dressing nicely. Would return to try again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is the main restaurant in the Hilton hotel. It is busy and most of the clientele are Hilton hotel guests. Service was very good as was the food. It is not cheap but the quality was consistent with the prices.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Lovely, very nice dinner restaurant. The clam chowder was fabulous and wedge salad very good. Friend's steak was good as well. Very nice wine list. Service was excellent and friendly.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The free butter dish comes with blue cheese butter and sundried tomato paste and salted butter. All are irresistable on warm roll. Everything came out as ordered. We were lucky enough to have two meals here during our stay !

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary by going to the Milwaukee ChopHouse located within the Hilton Hotel. We had never eaten there before so we thought we would try something new for our special occasion.

We had a very good experience at the Chophouse. I started the meal out by ordering Oysters on the half shell as my appetizer. Although the taste of the Oysters was good, I was pretty disappointed in the size of the Oysters themselves. They served a 1/2 dozen Oysters on a beautifully presented platter with the Oysters sitting atop a bed of ice but the actual size of the Oysters were miniature. All 6 Oysters combined were like the size of 1 Oyster I usually get at other high end restaurants. I would not order this appetizer again as it was not worth the $14 they charge. My main meal was the Ahi Tuna. Although tasty, I have had better Ahi Tuna at other restaurants. I also had the Caesar Salad along with my dinner. Everything is Ala Cart so it's not a cheap date at the ChopHouse. My wife ordered the smaller Filet which had good taste but she was not "WOWED." Her Ala Cart side was a sweet potato which was very good.

Atmosphere: We really enjoyed the atmosphere at the ChopHouse. It's covered with dark wood accents everywhere with an English feel to it. I would say the atmosphere is romantic and comfortable and feels like a high end restaurant should feel. Definitely a great place for any special occasion!

The service: Our server Joe was excellent! He continually checked on us over and over again but made time during his stops to "chat" and get to know us. The restaurant was not busy at all for a Friday evening. The taste of Milwaukee had just finished so Joe said it was nice to have an evening that was not sooo busy. Thus, he could take the time to "chat" during our visit. I would highly recommend Joe and the service at the ChopHouse.

Parking: You can park within the Hilton parking structure then proceed to the restaurant which is a couple minute walk. No big deal. The restaurant will stamp your ticket so it won't cost you anything to park while having dinner. Nice touch!

What really made our evening was after dinner. When I originally called to make our reservation on the telephone, they asked me if there was a special occasion we were celebrating. Of course I said we were coming to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. I asked if they had a special table and her response was "we always try to reserve the best tables for special occasions." When we arrived, they had a nice booth reserved for us and it was perfect! After dinner, Joe came to the table with a huge piece of cheesecake compliments of the restaurant. The chef had hand written on the platter "Happy 33rd Anniversary." This was totally unexpected and truly a class act. This gesture alone will keep me as a guest of the ChopHouse.

Overall, the food was good but not great. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was outstanding. I would have given the ChopHouse a 5 instead of a 4 if the food had "wowed" us but we were "wowed" by the terrific service and for making our 33rd anniversary very special!

1  Thank golfrusa