“Diner”

Ranked #249 of 1,504 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Although the food was really good, there were limited choices for breakfast. The service was average - nothing wrong but nothing special. The décor is your typical old diner feel, however the bathrooms left a lot to be desired. A few repairs/improvements would go far. Great location - near Marquette University.

Visited July 2013

Menasha, Wisconsin
“Great 50's diner!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

As soon as you walk into Miss Katie's Diner you feel like you stepped back in time. The staff was friendly and the food was great. It was also interesting to see the tables where Michelle Obama and the Clinton's sat at.

Visited June 2013
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Not what I remembered”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Happened to be iMilwukee with my kids after a trip and was excited to take them to the great little diner I remembered

It was 7:30 pm on a Sat and there was only 2 other people in the restaurant. The waitress was excited to tell me how everything was made from scratch, and I loved her passion, but the dinner was disappointing.

The only thing we got that was good was the cheesesteak sandwich. The fries that went with it looked hand cut, but they were cold and soggy. When i said something to the waitress, she told me she saw him pull them out of the fryer, but there was no way.

The mozzarella sticks were only average. Big but covered with too salty Italian bread crumbs. Marinara sauce was decent.

I couldn't wait for asparagus soup, which is my favorite, but it was so thick from flour that my spoon could stand up by itself, and the few chunks of asparagus that I found were evidently from the bottom of the stalk, and therefore very woody.

Lastly, our milkshakes (chocolate and vanilla) didn't taste like real ice cream :(. Left a film inside your mouth and very frothy like an ice cream mix. Or maybe the ice cream was too melted when they startex. That was the last straw. Below average food and pricey. Not the Miss Katie's I remember. Sadly, I won't be going back

• Visited July 2013
Marathon, WI
“kids thought it was cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I thought the malts were excellent and the food was really good too- we had burgers and chicken fingers. A little pricey. The kids got a kick out of the old time diner. Cool little place - and the waiter was really nice too.

Visited June 2013
Ames, Iowa
“Mother's Day Breakfast--a popular place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

My bride and I entered Katie's at 10am Mother's Day morning at the suggestion of the Concierge at the Downtown Hilton. I had inquired about non-brunch options as we were heading out of town. Katie's was a very busy pace and the wait staff did a good job of trying to keep up with the demand. The environment is crowded, with tables too close together for people to pass through comfortably, and rather noisy, with perhaps 100 or more people in such a small diner. I had the corned beef hash with over easy eggs. Let me add, the corned beef has is homemade, and not from a Hormel can (I have nothing against Hormel). I enjoyed a nice breakfast in a very busy and noisy cafe. Altogether, the food and the bustling environment worked together to create a great experience.

Visited May 2013