“Happy Group”
Review of The Anchorage

The Anchorage
Reserve with OpenTable
The Anchorage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 1,508 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The redesigned Anchorage restaurant and River's Edge Lounge uses high quality locally sourced ingredients to enhance all their dishes.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Happy Group”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Chef Jerry was on top of his cooking game with his perfectly cooked Chicken Marsala - the sauce was different and more delicious than other Marsala sauces I've had. We had 48 people in our group and he kept us all happy.

• Visited January 2014
Michael D, General Manager at The Anchorage, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you for your comments, as well as for your continued patronage of our Hotel and of our noted restaurant, The Anchorage!

We are soon-to-celebrate our 40th anniversary, and we are very proud of the levels of service, quality, and staffing led by Executive Chef Jerry Taylor and his culinary team!

While our heritage primarily focuses on wonderful seafood selections, we do offer many other signature entrées, such as the Chicken Marsala that you selected for your banquet function.

Very glad to read that his efforts were appreciated by you and your entire party! Hope to see you here again soon!

-- Michael Dietrich / General Manager
Hilton Milwaukee River & The Anchorage

“Good food for the price”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

You may have to wait a little, but you usually have very good food for your lunch or dinner at the Anchorage. It has a nice atmosphere too, as you are looking over a the Milwaukee River. They make a great cosmopolitan too!

• Visited January 2014
Michael D, General Manager at The Anchorage, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your comments!

I'm glad to read that you have experienced great entrées for your lunch and dinner sessions here at The Anchorage, making it worth the wait! (We never like to rush patrons while dining, but I will also pass this to our staff members to make sure that this is not a negative issue.)

With our 40th anniversary looming, The Anchorage prides itself on its food quality as well as for its unique views of the River. Couple that with a great Cosmo, and you have a fantastic experience, right?!?

Please visit us again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
“A Very Wonderful Find!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Staying 140 nights a year at Hilton properties I am very leery of hotel restaurants in general. Do NOT be afraid of this restaurant as it was the finest meal (other than at a ranch in Wyoming this fall) I have had all year, hands down! We were sort of stuck in Milwaukee for New Year's Eve and it was snowing so we decided to stay in and try The Anchorage which is attached to the hotel. Of course the food was (New York Strip for me and Veal for my wife) absolutely delicious and they feature Johnson Brothers steaks. I travel to Omaha 8-10 times a year and still this is the finest steak I have had. We were so pleasantly surprised at the service, as well. Ryan, our server, was superb, and even his fellow server, also named Ryan whom we nicknamed, Jesse, was fun. Lydia greeted us with the greatest smile and truly was the reason we made up our minds to dine there and we felt badly for her that her family could not join her for New Year's Eve dinner at the restaurant. If I were the manager I would invite her husband and daughter in for a wonderful meal! Thank you, for making our unexpected stay an outstanding one at the Hilton Milwaukee River. And, your New Year's Day brunch was delicious but nothing compared to your regular menu. We will be back! Jay W.

• Visited January 2014
Michael D, General Manager at The Anchorage, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Happy New Year to you!
As well as 'thanks' for providing these very warm and insightful comments on our signature restaurant, The Anchorage!

I'm glad to read that the situation of being stuck here at our hotel due to the bad NYE weather turned into quite the positive experience for you!

As you wrote, we too are quite proud that The Anchorage is not your stereotypical food outlet attached within a hotel setting, but rather a noted, award-winning restaurant that is soon to celebrate its 40th anniversary!

From the staff to the quality of the entrées to the wonderful views, The Anchorage does set itself apart. I do hope that, weather aside, we may be able to welcome you back soon!

Tomah, Wisconsin
“Excellent Brunch - Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

WE stay at the attached Hilton Milwaukee River, this restaurant and lounge are excellent. The Brunch is superb - Brian, the bartender, is our days end visit, each stay. Personable, friendly and full of great Milwaukee and Wisconsin information.

Visited December 2013
Thank you for your comments on The Anchorage!

We do strive to be more than simply a 'hotel restaurant', starting from Brian and the rest of our great staff, our signature entrées and brunch, and the unique views we offer!

We look forward to welcoming you back for future area visits!

San Diego
“Food is good and they really treat you nicely”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

I've been stuck in my hotel this weekend due to a big storm in Milwaukee and I'm glad I am in the Hilton where the Anchorage restaurant is located. I've had breakfast , lunch, brunch and dinner here and everything has been really nice. I especially enjoy the dinner menu with its great chopped salad. Everyone else raves about the view over the river but with all the snow I'll just have to enjoy that on another trip.

Visited December 2013
Happy New Year.....and thank you for your comments about The Anchorage!
Very appreciated!

I'm glad that despite the negative logistics of being stuck due to bad weather, that the combination of our Hotel and our signature restaurant more than made up for this situation!

Celebrating its 40th anniversary, The Anchorage is very proud to offer great entrées, a professional staff, and unique river-side views to our dining patrons. Nice to read that you enjoyed this combination.

While the winter views are very nice, please do visit us more to appreciate the year-round views while dining with us! (And with the warm weather comes dining on our Patio!)

-- Michael Dietrich / General Manager