“Incredible Experience - June 4, 2014”
Review of The Anchorage

The Anchorage
Reserve with OpenTable
The Anchorage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,571 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The redesigned Anchorage restaurant and River's Edge Lounge uses high quality locally sourced ingredients to enhance all their dishes.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I wanted to follow up and let you know what an enjoyable lunch we had on June 4, 2014. I ran into one of your employees, as he was leaving his shift and we were coming to eat, he recommended a few items on the menu.

Per his suggestion, my colleague started with the Red Snapper Soup which she loved. I enjoyed your unique twist on calamari! For our main dishes, she enjoyed the American Burger while I indulged with the Scrod Oscar (which our server had recommended).

Everything was truly enjoyable and incredibly tasty! Our service was great and the river view was so relaxing – we didn’t just get a few minutes away from work – we had a relaxing, scrumptious, and delightful time away from the office!

Thank you and your staff for a truly amazing experience!

1  Thank LoveWisconsin2018

Reviewed 13 June 2014

called looking for salmon croquette-they are not on the menu-chef said he would make them for us special-went wed 6/11 for lunch -3 of us for the salmon =made my brothers birthday special the bloody marys are also a treat
it is great to find this kind of service
thanks for everything
we will be back to try other interesting menu items
Tony Tony

1  Thank divindi
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped at this restaurant for a quick lunch before I had to leave for work. The menu offered average food, lots of sandwiches and finger foods, and the prices were extremely high. We only decided to eat here, because we had a $25 gift certificate from Restaurant.com. When it came time to pay the remainder of the bill from what the certificate did not cover, I instructed the waitress to charge only a certainly amount on my card and my boyfriend gave the rest to her in cash since we were paying separately. She took so long with my card, that I had to leave the responsibility to my boyfriend as I headed out for work. I checked my bank statement and she charged the entire bill to my card and just kept the rest of the money that my boyfriend handed her as a personal tip. I am upset, as this is not what we instructed her to do. She knew that we were doing a split transaction, because she repeated the directions instructed to her. Never going there again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I stay in Milwaukee my first choice in hotels is the River Hilton. What sets this hotel apart is the great food and outstanding service in the Anchorage. Both Sandy and Mary go beyond the call of duty taking care of their customers and set this establishment above others. Awesome food and tatmosphere generated by great Hilton employees.

2  Thank Muduck
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Well Sandy did it again!!! Along with her trusty team Brian, Kelly Maddie. And Lindsay and Mary too.

Our daughter graduated UWM with family from Fl (sister Lindsey) cousins VA Grandma's MO aunts uncles & friends and boyfriend and family.

We had a special menu for dinner and breakfast. My guests raved about the customer service and food,let alone portions. My mother in law rated Sat dinner as her 2nd favorite event after the graduation! I tell EVERYONE I meet in Milwaukee about the Anchorage.

It has been a great 4 years!! We plan to return - THANK YOU Tons MJ & DCA