“Great Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is the classic comfort Thai food with rapid service, big portions, spice to taste, some tofu / heavy vegetables options. For take out or to eat in, Thai Kitchen is delicious! It is closed on Sundays, so plan accordingly. You can get a huge main dish for around $10, and if you get appetizers, you will go home with leftovers!

Reviewed 4 October 2011

Omg. Can’t believe this place is so down the list. This is the best Thai food I have ever had. Their curries are exceptional. The fried rice and noodles are ok however the curries are awesome. Service is great too. I prefer carry outs.

Reviewed 15 August 2008

We had a party of 4. 2 of the dishes were acceptable. 2 were disgusting. We've traveled in Thailand extensively, and though we are sensitive to the fact that many restaurants "Americanize" their menu, this is not even close. They can't seem to grasp the subtleness of flavors that make Thai food taste great. One of the noodle dishes was just horrible with heavy over-soyed flavor. The place is understaffed and the waitress is not even familiar with Asian food. One of us ordered a noodle soup "Pho", the waitress didn't even bring out the customary SriRacha and HoiSin sauce, .. . .and didn't even know what it was when we requested it. . .it would be nice if the staff had ever tried more than just a dish or 2. I don't find it an exciting or authentic dining experience to have to explain asian food basics to the staff. And please ignore the other reviews raving about "volcano chicken" . .it's just strips of chicken breast with sweet sauce over it. . please . ..don't they realize this dish is not even Thai? Finally, the incapable waitress took her sweet time to bring us the bill after requested, continued to do other things for almost 10 minutes. . . just ignored us.. . finally I went to the bar and found the bill sitting there . . . disappointing. . .we should have turned around when we came in . .

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Best volcano chicken.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 29 March 2008

My first Thai meal came at this place. I remember leaving thinking how could anyone like Thai food. I have since had better Thai food which has soured my opinion of this place.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook