“Great food, lacking in customer service”

Milwaukee Waterfront Deli
Ranked #394 of 1,508 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Milwaukee
“Great food, lacking in customer service”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I work down the block from the deli and me and everyone from my office always go there because their food is delicious. However, their staff have lately been on short circuits...you can see when they are annoyed by customers and there is a lot of yelling at each other. I don't really want to see that when I'm trying to order food.

I think the owner needs to do some customer service training with their staff and managers so they know how to serve guests more positively during busy times or when guests are new to the place and aren't familiar with the menu, etc.

I'll continue to go to the Deli, but I frequently leave dissatisfied, not due to the quality of my meal, but by the way I was treated.

• Visited June 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Lunch”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I always enjoy the chicken ceasar salad here. I tried the chicken pot pie for lunch this time and it was a reasonable portion size for $6 and very tasty.

Visited February 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“My "goto" lunch place downtown!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Love this place - been going here for over eight years. My favorites are the Tomato Parmesan soup, the Chicken Waldorf salad, and the Oreo cookie brownies.

The soups in general will force me to leave the warmth of my building in January, and walk down the street to get food.

Ophelia's food - both the winter daily specials and the food cart are outstanding.

The food is a little pricey, and it can get cramped and confusing in the building over the lunch hour. Neither should deter anyone from trying this place.

1 Thank laweber28
Boston, Massachusetts
“Where's the Water??? NOT Waterfront!!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Food was somewhat disappointing - was looking forward to Milwaukee Mac & Cheese - but it was not good. Sandwiches were good flavors but rolls TOO HARD and Crunchy. Good selection of drinks - locally made cream and orange soda, etc. We were looking for an actual waterfront place to eat but this is in downtown - no water in sight!

Visited June 2012
PA
“Great deli”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We had breakfast here and had special dietary requests that were not a problem. The food was exceptional and the price was very good. Their selection was huge. Food was freshly prepared and served promptly. We really enjoyed ourselves. They made our breakfast special. They were closed on the weekend because of the holiday. We were dissapointed because we would have gone back. This is a great deli with wonderful decor and lots of history. Family friendly and well suited for couples too. Breakfast lunch and dinner. Friendly helpful staff.

• Visited April 2012