“Great Lunch, Good Cuban Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cubanitas

Cubanitas
Ranked #118 of 1,504 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wisconsin
Bangkok
“Great Lunch, Good Cuban Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

In my mind, when I think of Milwaukee, I do not think of international food. I think of Kopps. I used to run to Kopps each time I came to Milwaukee. I'm no longer so eager to eat custard but I love great food. Cubanitas offers just that: great food, well prepared and well served.
We came here for lunch for two on am August weekday and sat outside. For lunch, you order at the counter and then seat yourself. The food was delicious and lovely. Servers were also very helpful and accommodating. We ordered several different dishes and each one was well prepared and tasty. The selection of wines is excellent, offering many flavors to supplement the wonderful food. I look forward to coming back here the next time I'm in Milwaukee.
(if you find this review helpful, please click 'yes' below)

• Visited August 2013

Miami
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Friendly, family owned, great food. The owner, Marta, really goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. A great place when visiting Milwaukee.

• Visited September 2013
Dana Point, California
“Great Food in a Lively Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

In the heart of downtown Milwaukee and on a street with many restaurants you'll find delicious Cuban food and fabulous drinks at reasonable prices. Their empanadas are a great appetizers...I really like the shredded beef ones and those filled with spinach and cheese. The guacamole is tasty and I especially love how it is served, with thinly sliced, lightly fried and salted plantains!I really should branch out and try other dishes, but I keep going back to their shrimp. Absolutely cooked to perfection in a light sauce that is mouth watering! I do try their many drinks...all are delicious! A good place to break away from beer.

It is a popular place and gets busy. In good weather there are some outdoor tables. It is noisy, though, between the music and patron conversations. No quiet dinners inside. That is my only reason for rating it down one star.

Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food at Cubanitas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I'm not an expert on Cuban cuisine, but on a recent trip to Milwaukee this restaurant was recommended by our hotel concierge.

The main thing about a restaurant is the food which was both good and interesting!

We did not bother with starters but the main courses were well presented and quantities were good. The blackened shrimp with yellow rice was excellent, highly recommended. My companions ordered the roast pork and grilled chicken and both were happy with their choices.

Service was prompt and friendly, the restaurant was full so we had to wait about 10 mins for a table. We were glad we stayed. There was a good buzz about the place and the decor was attractive.

Medium price range and a reasonably priced wine list as well.

J C

• Visited August 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Authentic Cuban food and drinks, fast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

A very low key cafe, where you order very ample plates of very authentic Cuban food at the counter---expect a short line, people know this place! We had wonderful ropas viejas (Cuban pulled pork). They make great Cuban and Brazilian cocktails, too, that you can order with your lunch. Yum!!

• Visited July 2013