“Good Dogs - ask for extra napkins!!!”

Martino's Italian Beef
Ranked #143 of 1,547 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We've been to Martino's twice in the last few months and both times it was very good. I've had the chili dog both times. The footlong is waaaay too big and sloppy. The jumbo dog was more manageable and more than filling. All the dogs come with fries which is nice. My husband gets the italian beef. He has yet to get the exact combo of toppings he likes. There is a lot to choose from (hot peppers, mild peppers, giardina, tomatoe sauce etc etc) and it gets rattled off pretty fast by the cashiers when you're at the window and since he never thinks about it beforehand .... he's like a deer in headlights.:) If you are going with any number of children I suggest looking at the menu online ahead of time and getting and idea of what everyone wants, because there are a lot options given to you at the order window. www.martinoshotdogs.com. Also, I prefer to eat outside when we bring the kids than inside. There is much more space. Inside booths are on the small side.

The only thing I find odd about this place is how stingy they are with napkins. You have to ask for them and then you are only given a small about of rather flimsy napkins. We forgot to ask last time and my husband went back to the window to request them. When he came back and put them on the table I said "That's enough for me, what is everyone else going to use?" :) You would think that with chili dogs, Italian beef sandwiches and other messy hand held foods being served there would napkins dispensers somewhere in the main area of the restaurant that customers could access on their own. Martino's must be trying to cut costs or save trees.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is the place to take your friends or family who don't want a famous chain sub sandwich. The menu includes such a variety of sandwiches such as grilled cheese, burgers, all styles of hot dogs and other sausages, egg salad, tuna salad, PBJ, Italian beef, along with sides of french fried eggplant, calamari, mozzarella sticks, or just plain fries. You order at the counter and your food will be prepared ASAP...even if you have several demands for 'having it your way'. It is completely casual with about ten hard plastic booths. Don't dress up to eat here nor expect luxury seating. Take it home, eat it in the car, or enjoy it right at Martinos. True food from the old school menu. My grandsons love it because they all have a different 'favorite' food. My personal fave is the jumbo Chicago style hot dog...with the works. Served with fries and a big dill pickle. Too bad Martino's is closed on Sundays cuz I am having a craving right now!

1  Thank untired26
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Fast friendly service. Good food (great Hot dogs), and I enjoyed the people at spot.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

I was staying at the Hilton and one of the bellhops suggested I try out Martino's for some good comfort food. And it was so comforting! A couple of hungry men at their fill for relatively cheap, and the food was fantastic. This isn't some cheap street meat, it's hearty food with good ingredients. Being a little bit picky, the staff that day wasn't as lively as I had been told, but the service was still good and they were very helpful. I intend to go back if/when I return to Milwaukee.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Poor quality, rude service and horrible taste. I had the Italian beef, bun was stale, beef (if you can call it that) was fatty with hard chunks of tendon. Flavor was horrible and staff were rude.