“Things have changed here.”
Review of Rodizio Grill

Rodizio Grill
Ranked #148 of 1,527 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$13 - US$35
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wells St and Water St
Description: Rodizio Grill is the first authentic Brazilian Steakhouse restaurant or Churrascaria in the United States. It was establish in 1995 by founder and President Ivan Utrera, a native Brazilian born in Sao Paulo. Rodizio Grill is an award-winning restaurant featured in many national media, including USA Today, The Washington Post, CBS News, NBC News and others. Today Rodizio Grill, the Brazilian Steakhouse restaurant, is a beloved and bustling restaurant that currently operates restaurants nationwide, with several units under development.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Things have changed here.”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have dined here for both lunch and dinner and have seen some changes. The servers help each other and at most times you don't have any one server. There ends up being confusion who you are suppose to ask for things; clean plates. The salad bar used to have more choices like mixed nuts and fresh grated parmesan cheese. Gauchos bring skewers of different meats and pineapple to your table if you are ordering "the full rodizio". Sometimes the gauchos don't come out of the kitchen often enough. Some of the guests put their "skewer tongs" on their dinner plates(instead of the small saucer)and thus getting contaminants onto the skewered meat. The restaurant has gotten new tables in the main dining room BUT DESPERATELY NEEDS NEW CHAIRS. The chair they have are very wobbly and the chair pads are VERY stained. I grabbed along the chairs sides to scoot my self closer to the table to be SHOCKED PUTTING MY HAD INTO SOMEONE DISPOSED CHEWING GUM. We will dine here again but hope that this restaurant will correct it's flaws. The mushroom soup tasted watered down and no beefy/mushroom taste. There soups need improvement. The stroganoff and mashed potatoes on the salad bar are very good.

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“If you remember Sabor, don't comer here, the standards have changed.”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We came here for dinner, me remembering how great Sabor was and wanting my boyfriend to experience the Brazilian steakhouse concept. The standards have since gone down.
Don't get me wrong our server was great but the food paled in comparison.
The salad bar variety was ok, more pedestrian than before but a lot of the items were just bland.
We had the top sirloin first and it was good, when we got the one that was cooked medium rare. Unfortunately everything after that was overcooked, dried out pork loin, dried out pork sausage, boring chicken thighs, and my old favorite the Parmesan pork, was a shadow of its former self. The flavor was completely different and not in a good way.
The roasted pineapple was pretty good and I liked their non-alcoholic drink options.
To top the disappointment, I watched the manager go to every table around us, twice to the one on my right and ask how everything was and did not once even look our way so much as come to our table.
Service like that seals the deal for me on a place I would not go back to. Too many other great options in Milwaukee, don't waste your $32.99 here!

Hartland, Wisconsin
“Sabor was much better - this place is disappointing”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We have decided not to go back to Rodizio Grill for anything other than drinks in the bar. The bar is very pleasant and the caipirinhas are terrific. The salad bar is fresh without a great deal of variety. The service is only fair and the selection of meats pretty meager. The gauchos do not make frequent enough trips with the various selections so diners are often waiting for something specific, such as our favorite, the picanha. The only side dishes brought by the water is the fried bananas, cheese puffs and mozzarella sticks. Other Brazilian steakhouses bring the side dishes of mashed potatoes and black beans. If you want these, you have to go to the salad bar and these offerings are NOT kept hot enough. The choices of desserts is not that great, either. On a Sunday night with an evening performance of The Nutcracker beginning soon, it was sparsely occupied. Very disappointing successor to Sabor. Also, the furnishings are being allowed to get very beat up. The most noticeable thing was that the upholstery of the dining chairs is badly stained and spotted. Pretty disgusting to sit on.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Just cause we had a groupon”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We sit down and I asked for a birthday treat for one of the guests with me, never got it, asked to have them come back with more steak and theey brought back pineaplle, chicken hearts ...
It was my wost time ever, but I will go back to the one in Madison .... Great place there ....

• Visited November 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice experience & worth trying”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I made reservations about a week in advance for Saturday night at 6:00 as I had heard that the place fills up pretty fast. We arrived at 6:00 and were immediately seated. The restaurant itself is pretty spacious with a bar area when you first walk in, a large dining area and a second, even larger, dining area connected to it. Our server told us about the two options available, the salad buffet for about $15 per person or the meat buffet for $33 per person. We decided to try the meat buffet and he brought three sample trays of appetizers (brazilian cornbread, fried bananas, and cheese sticks(?). Unlimited and tasty appetizers, nice start! The salad bar has a varied selection of about ten different salads and one or two soups to choose from, all fresh, well made, and tasty. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the cuts of meat are not top-notch, but I did enjoy the fact that you had 15 different cuts of meat to choose from, many of them quality meats. Highly recommend trying the turkey wrapped in bacon, tenderloin, and pineapple! Service was prompt, friendly, and we never waited too long, even though the restaurant was fairly full. I would also recommend trying the Brazilian national drink, the Caipirinha, which was delicious. Overall, a nice, friendly, and out-of-the ordinary dining experience that I would recommend!

• Visited November 2013