“Great Time”

Add it.
Burke's Irish Castle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We visited on March 8th, 2014 and had a great time. Everyone was very pleased with their food. I had the corned beef and cabbage, my husband had a burger, and both my parents had the bangers and smash. I agree it was a little loud, but that being said, we were eating at a bar. It kind of goes hand in hand...this isn't an Applebees. Lol. They had a great alcohol variety and our only complaint was that our waiter was a little slow. It was getting a little busy though, so that's understandable. Overall a great experience and we will definitely be back on our next trip to Milwaukee.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We went here because of the reviews we read. I don't know when these people went here but we were there on a Saturday night at 5:30 and the service and food was horrible. The music they were playing was nothing close to irish music and it was so loud that you couldn't even carry on a conversation with the person across the table. It stunk from people getting sick at the bar. The chips were burned and the burger full of grease. We complained but it didn't do any good. We would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Burkes Irish Castle. Great Time on a Friday Night. Stopped in on a Friday Night for a few drinks and appetizer. Potato Skins were awesome, Bartender was fun and everyone was friendly. Will definitely repeat.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We live in the neighborhood, and Burke's has become our "nothing in the house, let's go out to eat" place. All the food we've ever had has been spot-on, and the people who work there are amazingly friendly. Drinks/food are priced fairly, as it is not a dive with typical "bar food." These guys are really making an effort at providing awesome food in a fun, casual environment - and affordable. They also seem to recognize the history behind the place, and they have respected that (along with making great improvements to the physical space itself - new paint, garage doors that can be opened to the outside, refinished the tables). It's also kid-friendly (at the appropriate times, of course), although they only have 2 high chairs and no booster seats.

My only criticism is that the staff gets a little overwhelmed when the place is packed, and the social order has broken down a couple times when we've been there on a Friday night or before a well-attended Brewers game.

They also have banquet space.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I worked in this very authentic Irish bar for 3 months as I was on a J1 visa from Ireland and I left kicking and screaming in September. The food is only second to the enthusiastic staff who are incredibly friendly and very helpful. I arrived back home to Cork Ireland on the 7th of September and am already planning a return trip. Try the salmon (cakes or salad).