“Authentic Mexican food.”

Taqueria El Cabrito
Ranked #386 of 1,586 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Let me start by saying this is not a "hip and trendy" restaurant with asian fusion tacos or fancy margaritas . On that note this is the place to go if you just want good authentic Mexican food. I love coming here and I tell everyone about this place when they ask for suggestions. Everything is amazing and 2 people will be able to get there fill on less than 20.00!

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

AMAZING AND EXTREMELY DELICIOUS!!! Im Mexican and this was very authetntic. I ordered the menudo which i couldnt finish. My dad had 3 types of tacos which he loved. In the heart of a hispanic community. Also check out El Rey supermarket which is not far from the restaurant for any hispanic foods and pastries. Absolutely a must for the both!

1  Thank memo8139
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Food was probably best Mexican I've had on either side of the border. Awesome chips and salsa. Unfortunately no beer or margaritas. Canned sodas. Went with burrito dinner with Carnitas (pork). Excellent!

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Have family in Milwaukee and when we visit once a year we we always ask for local recommendations. When we want good Mexican food we normally travel 90 miles to Chicago as Milwaukee does not fair well with authenticity in Mexican food as Chicago does. Well that is until now, this hidden gem is the real deal. They have saved from going to Chicago to get my Mexican food fix.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

I had the Cecina Tacos and Pastor Tacos. Both were outstanding. The salsa served with there chips was also very good. The other salsa were in squezable bottles. 1 Red 1 Green. I thought the green salsa excellent and the red a little plain for me.
Nice surprise to find this place near my work, and I will be back many times. Waitstaff was friendly. Prices are perfect for what you get. I think I counted 15 different types of tacos. I hope to try them all. They also have a full menu of other mexican dishes.

Been to Taqueria El Cabrito? Share your experiences!