“Good food, great cocktails. Pricey.”
Review of Jackson Grill

Jackson Grill
Ranked #130 of 1,533 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I love the atmosphere which is "old school supper club". They make a great cocktail and use quality ingredients. I really enjoyed my old fashioned and would recommend just stopping in for a drink. The Cajun shrimp appetizer was delicious and our steaks were perfectly prepared. The one oddity with our experience was determining the wine corkage fee. I brought a bottle of wine expecting to pay a standard fee. It appeared the fee was arbitrary since the server looked at our bottle of wine before giving us the fee which was $35. He returned later to ask about the retail value of the wine. This was extremely awkward since the whole reason I even brought the bottle to dinner was to share it with my friend who had given it to me. She was very gracious in describing the winery without mentioning the price and he was sharp enough not to press us. I advise calling in advance to make arrangements if you want to bring a special bottle of wine.

There are newer reviews for Jackson Grill

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have been eating to the Jackson Grill for 10 years. Still the best. Great steaks, amazing pasta dishes, and phenomenal seafood. (Event the soups are something you need to experience - crab bisque especially!)

Living in Milwaukee, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fantastic restaurant. The Jackson Grill is at the TOP of that list.

Very few places exist where the owner/chef comes out and walks table to table to see how everything is. That's Jimmy.

1  Thank Jay M
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Our first experience at the Jackson Grill was Outstanding! A local Talk Show Radio Host was discussing this restaurant on his show over a year ago. My wife and I were born and spent most of our lives in the greater Milwaukee area and have dined at most of the city's restaurants. We have moved away from Milwaukee but visit the city several times each year.

Passing through Milwaukee this year on our way to our winter home, we wanted to dine with family and friends. I called in the reservation from our summer home in Northern Wisconsin for a party of seven at seven PM. The day before our dinner, the Jackson Grill called me to verify the date and time of our visit. WOW, I said these folks care about their business. And they did!

The restaurant is small and a bit pricy but the dining experience is perhaps the best I have experienced. The service was very pleasing. Our waitress, Amy made sure everyone was comfortable. She explained the evenings specials and the entire dinner menu.

I had the Grilled Pork Chop with a huge portabella mushroom while others had steaks and seafood. As the chef passed by our table greeting everyone, I told him they my Pork Chop was the finest tasting, perfectly seasoned, tender Pork Chop I had ever eaten. Our entire party raved about the food they had just been served.

That's why, for us, the Jackson Grill is a "Must Visit while staying in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Perfecto Mondo!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Jackson Grill may be small, but it delivers one of the best meals you will ever eat. The steaks are to die for; flavor, cooked to perfection and decent portions. The sides are equally good, especially the pasta carbonara. The shrimp appetizer is also great. It is "old school". The feel, the attention and the food are all reminiscent of what great restaurants used to be. This is the place we go when we want a one of a kind succulent meal.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This place was outstanding in all respects. It is cocktail lounge right out of the 1950s. Small retro feeling with small bar area, comforting music, and small basic dining area. Small chalk boards with signatures of Milwaukee Brewers, Bucks, Green Bay Packers, and various entertainers decorate the walls. The service was outstanding - well involved and helpful without being intrusive. The new york strip was the best that I remember eating - very conservative seasoning, seared, it tasted like beef should tase. Cajun shripm appetizer was also outstanding. It is expensive, however, well worth the money. We will be back.