“By far, the best option on the East Side”
Review of The Plaza Hotel

The Plaza Hotel
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“By far, the best option on the East Side”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After staying at other "boutique" hotels on Milwaukee's East Side, I am glad I finally found The Plaza. The suites are huge, have a large kitchenette and are very well appointed. One minor criticism, which I've heard might get fixed during a future renovation: bathrooms are tiny (but functional and incredibly clean.

I had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath corner suite. Beds were comfortable, carpet was plush, furnishings were new. You can walk anywhere on the East Side and be on the lakefront in 5 minutes.

Service was above average- everyone was friendly and able to answer questions.

Don't miss breakfast at Cafe at the Plaza. It's a great place!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great people, good hotel and value. Great location, secure assigned parking. Great breakfast and service. Historic Art Deco hotel with a very historic look. The room was clean, good size and very quiet,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Beware the room where we stayed (room 111) had a noisy heater. It woke my husband and me up early in the morning. It sounded like a whistling tea kettle--hard to ignore. Room also needed updating. It was nice that it had its own kitchen area with a fridge and microwave. Due to the noise we wouldn't come back here again and wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Hmmmichelle
Amanda R, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us at The Plaza Hotel. I appreciate expressing your concerns regarding our radiator heat. I am very sorry that your stay was less than comfortable. I have passed along your comments to our maintenance team, so that we can address these issues right away.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if I can be of any further assistance: gm@plazahotelmilwaukee.com

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My sisters and I stayed here on our annual girls weekend. The hotel is very quaint and clean and the staff is extremely accommodating. We all agreed we would stay there again. In terms of sleep quality though, we were freezing. The hotel has radiator heat which didn't seem to be working properly. We were promptly brought extra blankets and a heater when we requested them but it was still very cold. I would recommend this hotel in an instant but perhaps visiting in warmer weather would be best. Location is great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us at The Plaza Hotel!

I am so sorry that your room temperature was not comfortable. We are certainly working on a remedy to this issue. I certainly to appreciate your kind words regarding our accommodating team members. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our entire team.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Well maintained facility with very friendly staff, excellent price and walking access to a range of Milwaukee activities, brew pubs and tap bars. The restaurant facility had excellent food and friendly and attentive service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to The Plaza Hotel. I am so glad that you had a nice stay! I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our cafe.

We hope to see you again very soon!
Iowa City
Reviewed 23 March 2014

A nice hotel with lots of charm. Friendly service. Within walking distance of the art museum and other entertainment venues. Would stay here again. There is no elevator so request a first floor room if you have trouble negotiating stairs. It was nice to have the kitchenette with a grocery store on the block right behind the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Amanda R, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us at The Plaza Hotel! I am glad that you had a nice stay.

I'm pleased that you were able to explore many things that make our location great, including the local museums, as well as The Metro Market, which is right outside our back door.

I will be sure to pass along your kudos to our service team. We appreciate your kind words, and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Regards,
Wi
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Our room was very cold. We asked for addtional blankets and they were out of them. We had a space heater brought in, but it was still cold! The building is a bit older and no key cards, manual keys were not easy to use. Very litttle space in the bathroom and no place to put on makeup. I would not stay again as it seemed like a big hasssle for staff to help us to be warm while we slept.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank kimdWi
Thank you for your recent stay at The Plaza Hotel, and I appreciate your review regarding your trip. I am sad to hear that you had a bad experience during your stay.

I am sorry that your room was cold, and that we were not able to provide you with your requested items to make your stay more comfortable. I deeply apologize for the reaction of our staff to your requests. I will be sure to use your comments as a training tool for our team, to ensure that this does not happen again.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. If there is any way that I can further assist you, please let me know.

Regards,