The Plaza Hotel
US$191
US$182
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$229
US$200
The Pfister Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$226
US$197
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull kitchenno elevatorgreat locationmetro marketquiet neighborhoodstudio apartmentsmall kitchenfirst floorcharming hotelart museumlake michiganstep back in timeold buildingwithin walking distancebrady streetclose to downtownold school
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After staying at other "boutique" hotels on Milwaukee's East Side, I am glad I finally found The Plaza. The suites are huge, have a large kitchenette and are very well appointed. One minor criticism, which I've heard might get fixed during a future renovation: bathrooms are tiny (but functional and incredibly clean.

I had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath corner suite. Beds were comfortable, carpet was plush, furnishings were new. You can walk anywhere on the East Side and be on the lakefront in 5 minutes.

Service was above average- everyone was friendly and able to answer questions.

Don't miss breakfast at Cafe at the Plaza. It's a great place!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great people, good hotel and value. Great location, secure assigned parking. Great breakfast and service. Historic Art Deco hotel with a very historic look. The room was clean, good size and very quiet,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Beware the room where we stayed (room 111) had a noisy heater. It woke my husband and me up early in the morning. It sounded like a whistling tea kettle--hard to ignore. Room also needed updating. It was nice that it had its own kitchen area with a fridge and microwave. Due to the noise we wouldn't come back here again and wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hmmmichelle
Amanda R, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us at The Plaza Hotel. I appreciate expressing your concerns regarding our radiator heat. I am very sorry that your stay was less than comfortable. I have passed along your comments to our maintenance team, so that we can address these issues right away.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if I can be of any further assistance: gm@plazahotelmilwaukee.com

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My sisters and I stayed here on our annual girls weekend. The hotel is very quaint and clean and the staff is extremely accommodating. We all agreed we would stay there again. In terms of sleep quality though, we were freezing. The hotel has radiator heat which didn't seem to be working properly. We were promptly brought extra blankets and a heater when we requested them but it was still very cold. I would recommend this hotel in an instant but perhaps visiting in warmer weather would be best. Location is great!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us at The Plaza Hotel!

I am so sorry that your room temperature was not comfortable. We are certainly working on a remedy to this issue. I certainly to appreciate your kind words regarding our accommodating team members. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our entire team.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Well maintained facility with very friendly staff, excellent price and walking access to a range of Milwaukee activities, brew pubs and tap bars. The restaurant facility had excellent food and friendly and attentive service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to The Plaza Hotel. I am so glad that you had a nice stay! I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our cafe.

We hope to see you again very soon!