“What a treat to myself” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“What a treat to myself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I don't treat myself often, but this time it was a wonderful experience. My room was great and the food excellent! Rick and Laura Sue were wonderful hosts. I had a friend join me for wine and conversation earlier in the evening. The parlor was nice to enjoy.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Serenity Suite. I highly recommend this suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chaska, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

While the pictures are fantastic, but until you see the efforts Rick and Laura Sue have put into this place with your own eyes, you will have to accept the fact the the pictures do not do justice to this place.

Rick and Laura Sue go the extra mile to make sure your stay will be perfect. The rooms are comfortable and ornately decorated. You get the feeling you are somebody special when you stay. The antiques throughout the mansion put you into a turn of the 20th Century luxury I have never experienced. At times I was afraid to get close to anything for fear of breaking anything.

All in all, our experience at the Schuster Mansion. We stayed in the Pius Suite, and have already booked another stay for later this month. (Well actually booked the second stay first.). I cannot wait to go back and highly recommend the Schuster Mansion to anybody needing a place to stay in Milwaukee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martyb1313
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I spent two nights in the Molly Suite with two very dear friends. The room was perfect. We each had are own sleeping cove and space to talk. We had High Tea on Sunday and bought hats as souvenirs.

The off street parking is very convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brenda H
Middleton WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed in the lovely Schuster Mansion for 2 nights during graduation weekend for the Medical College of Wisconsin. It was the perfect place to stay. The hosts were very friendly and wonderful cooks. I loved the decor of the mansion - all done by the hosts. Laura made all the gorgeous draperies herself. The location was very convenient and the price very reasonable. We loved staying there. I returned for the afternoon high tea with a friend a couple weeks later. That was also a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sequim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our first time staying at a B&B. What a great find! We felt like we had taken a walk back in time. Laura Sue and Rick were amazing innkeepers. We came as strangers and left as friends. The room was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable. We thought the neighborhood added to the charm. Never did we feel unsafe here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just returned from a wonderful anniversary weekend in Milwaukee, with all 3 nights spent at the Schuster Mansion with Laura Sue and Rick. We stayed in the Serenity Suite, a very nice room and the only one with a (really big!) Jacuzzi.

Rick and Laura Sue are awesome people and great innkeepers. They're friendly, always smiling, very helpful, and absolutely accommodating. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and Laura Sue did a great job cooking for our special diet. She's a great cook. She had me wishing they ran a bed & breakfast & lunch & dinner. :)

The mansion itself is beautiful. As Rick gave my wife and me the grand tour, I marveled at how much work he and Laura Sue put into the place, not just the renovations but the amazing attention to detail in the decorations, too. Rick's knowledge of the history of the mansion and the Schuster family is impressive. Their passion for what they're doing is unmistakable.

At first blush, non-natives of Milwaukee might imagine the neighborhood is a bit... urban... as another reviewer put it, but it's fine. I left my new Tahoe in the front drive without a second thought and the only neighbors who gave me any trouble at all with it were the birds, but you're not getting away from them regardless where you park. ;-) More seriously, look at the "little things" in the neighborhood. Houses and yards are well-kept. Moms take their kids for walks. Windows aren't barred. The neighborhood is old, as in old houses, and it's fine. We never for a second felt concerned or unsafe.

My wife and I are looking forward to our next excuse to visit Milwaukee and this B&B. We'll stay in Richard's Den next time. My wife loves claw-foot tubs.

Room Tip: You can't choose a bad room at this inn. The Jacuzzi tub in the Serenity Suite is comfortably bi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank asdf987967kjhasdf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Experience the 1900's in this charming historic inn. Get a delicious breakfast with excellent banana bread, enjoy a free bottle of wine and munch on the world's best chocolate chip cookies. Innkeepers Laura Sue and Rick are dedicated to restoring this mansion and providing excellent service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business