“So relaxing and comfortable, you won't want to leave!!!”

Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“So relaxing and comfortable, you won't want to leave!!!”
Reviewed 28 February 2009

My 12 year old son and I decided to get away from our busy lives in the Chicago area and drive to Milwaukee for some rest and relaxation. The Shuster Mansion is gorgeous and full of history, luxury and comfort. My son enjoyed playing with Isaac, the Innkeeper's resident dog, while I enjoyed conversation with the very hospitable and welcoming Mansion owner's, Laura Sue and Rick. Our overnight stay was extremely restful in our own rooms that was like a suite, sharing a bathroom. My son enjoyed the Lone Star Room while I enjoyed the corner tower's Prairie Sky. We were treated to a large breakfast which was absolutely and delightfully delicious. We also enjoyed Laura Sue's signature cookies (I begged for her well-guarded secret recipe to no avail). I am anxious to come back with my husband and enjoy a romantic weekend. Thanks Laura Sue and Rick for a very relaxing weekend. We sure felt like part of your family during our stay....and say "hi" to Isaac for my son.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Quad Cities, Iowa
Reviewed 26 February 2009

My husband surprised me by booking 4 nights at the Schuster Mansion for our 32nd wedding anniversary. Laura Sue and Rick (along with their goodwill ambassador, Isaac the dog) made us feel welcome and "at home" the moment we arrived.  They gave us a tour of this lovely home which was such a treat. Each room was unique and had several beautiful pieces to admire. As they told about the house and various antiques it was clear to see how much they love what they're doing. Our suite was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The rooms each have their own breakfast table for private dining. We choose the private breakfasts most mornings but also enjoyed one breakfast in the lovely dining room. Not only can Laura Sue decorate, she's also a great cook. We liked the close proximity to the downtown area. I was sorry to leave our pleasant, relaxing getaway, but alas all good things must come to an end, at least until next time.....

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2008

A week at the Schuster Mansion was indeed an enjoyable time. In talking with the new owners, Rick and Laura Sue Moiser, (new to the Bed and Breakfast business), they told me the comfort of their guests was their upmost concern. They actually stay in the suites themselves to make sure all the conveniences are there that they would want as guests, playing close attention to comfortable beds; fresh, smooth sheets; a bathroom sink you can wash your hair in; beautiful décor to please the eye; purified water; and they have proofed all kinds of breakfast recipes to please the palate. For breakfast they even offer a “chef’s choice” which is always something special.
Although they are still renovating other parts of the house, I was not aware of it while I was there. My suite was very quiet. All the things they had checked out themselves proved to be true. Not only that, the air is very fresh smelling, rather unique, as most old homes I have been in have an “old” smell.
I found the neighborhood to be busy but quiet. As I walked around the block each day, people I passed were very friendly. Even though I did not have a car when I stayed there, they do have parking area on the lot by the house.
The house is beautifully decorated with antiques and all kinds of nick-nacks. You have to spend some time walking through the rooms of the first floor just to check out are the unique décor items. It’s like walking through the past.
If ever I am up Milwaukee way again, I will definitely return to the Schuster Mansion.

• Liked — The fresh air and water, comfortable bed
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas
Reviewed 24 July 2008

I come to Milwaukee every year for business, downtown was booked due to convention, and I was referred to the Schuster Mansion, which had just recently opened. I have discovered what is now a hidden gem, but I assure you, will not be in the future. As with other reviews, I too was very impressed with the restoration of this grand building and its furnishings. However, and not taking away from the surroundings, I enjoyed the breakfast every morning, talking with Laura Sue about the restoration, getting the grand tour, and playing with the official Schuster Mansion mascot, Isaac.

Sincerely, I would encourage everyone to stay with Laura Sue and treat yourself. It will be well worth it. Do not get the Pias suite in July 2009, as I will be back!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maribel, WI
Reviewed 26 March 2006

We stayed at the Schuster Mansion just for a short overnight getaway, while in Milwaukee for museums and sightseeing. The mansion suites and common areas are lavishly decorated. A must-see for anyone who enjoys restoring old homes and appreciates the amount of work involved! Our room was beautiful, spacious and very comfortable! The next morning, our stay was made complete with a good breakfast and a great visit in the dining area! The hosts, Arne and Marie, are truly doing a wonderful job with this new bed and breakfast and are both very helpful directing their guests around the city. Their hospitality would be hard to beat! We had a really fun stay! Thanks!!

• Stayed March 2006