“Bad food - great service”
Review of Kil@Wat

Kil@Wat
Reserve with OpenTable
Kil@Wat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,508 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: Expect a dining experience that's nothing short of electrifying at Kilawat, the signature restaurant of InterContinental Milwaukee. The menu runs the gamut from traditional favorites to exotic happenings with each unique selections prepared with a distinctive flair.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Bad food - great service”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The appearance is amazing, very elegant and the wait staff was very friendly - our waiter was especially nice after I complained about my entree (he did not charge me for it). I ordered the Chicken Breast with Drumstick Jus and it was the worst chicken I had ever eaten. It was so dry I couldn't eat half of it and it came with potato something as a side which was really extra greasy bacon flavored hash browns. Can't complain about the green beans though. My friend ordered the salmon, he said it was okay, nothing to rave about though. Overall I wouldn't recommend Kil@wat to anyone, unless they are ordering Sangria - that was the best part of my meal.

• Visited November 2013
Chef_Druschitz, Executive Chef at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Megra2013,

I would like to personally apologize for the quality of your meal. This end result is definitely not the goal of our kitchen, and I'd like to thank you for your comments as we'll be using those to further the training of our kitchen staff. We'd love to have you come back and give us a second chance, as I am confident that this is not the normal dining experience for our customers. Please feel free to send me an e-mail if there's anything we can do to make a future dining experience more special.

Robert Druschitz
Executive Chef
Hotel InterContinental Milwaukee
Chef@intercontinentalmilwaukee.com

Racine
“Thanksgiving Breakfast”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Met family from out of town at Kil@wat for Thanksgiving breakfast. The atmosphere was very nice, the staff was great and they have a very nice breakfast selection. The restaurant is in the Inter Continental hotel, so if you are staying there or in the area, I would suggest their breakfast. I looked at the dinner menu and it look as good, but can't say for sure.

• Visited November 2013
Chef_Druschitz, Executive Chef at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for your Thanksgiving visit at Kil@wat! We hope you have a great holiday season and that you'll come in soon to try our dinner menu.

Best regards,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not go”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I went to Kil@wat with a client, the food was amazing however the service was terrible. The restaurant was fairly empty because it was a late lunch and the waiter ignored us the whole time, I kept looking back and seeing him sitting at the bar watching TV. My client 1. Got the wrong meal, she wasn't eating it but the waiter never came by so she decided to eat anyways because she was hungry. 2. She ran out of her beverage and was parched so she asked if she could drink some of my water, because the waiter never came by to check on us.
I called the manager and never heard back. So I obviously got the feeling the the management doesn't care about how people are treated at their establishment.
I live here in Milwaukee and take clients out quite often, I will never recommend this place.
BAD SERVICE AND MANAGEMENT DOESN"T CARE!!!

1 Thank Alexandra K
Wi
“great steak”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our second time at Kilowat and it just as good as the first. We both had steak and it was perfect. The waitstaff is great and the atmosphere is nice. The only problem was the meal came out before the appetizer, but we just cancelled the app no problem.

Delafield, Wisconsin
“Awesome meal!!!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

First time at Kil@Wat was a really great experience, from all the staff (especially our server Graham), to the tasty dishes, and very relaxing ambiance. Don't be fooled by this being in a hotel - they do a top-notch dinner.