“worst service EVER by Justin” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Water Buffalo

Water Buffalo
Reserve with OpenTable
Water Buffalo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 1,502 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Historic Third Ward
Cross street: Buffalo St.
Description: One of the best views in the city; perfect for outdoor riverfront seating or in one of our two dynamic, highly designed spaces. The varied casual menu is priced for everyday dining and a variety of tastes. Come in on a weekday for Happy Hour or Date Night, come in on the weekend for Brunch and bottomless mimosas. Plenty of parking via surface lots and parking garages within one block. This may be the most unique Riverfront restaurant and bar in Milwaukee. We hope to serve you soon.
Random Lake, Wisconsin
“worst service EVER by Justin”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I value Trip Advisor inputs when going to restaurants, attractions ,etc but never wrote a review until today. We had the absolute Worse service ever at the Milwaukee Water Buffalo Restaurant by Justin. Upon arriving we were seated promptly and greeted nicely. Our waiter then came. We told our waiter Justin that we had one hour to eat due to our parking and if he could check back in 'two minutes' to take our order. He did that fine. After waiting from 2:15-2:45 for our two lunches,(only had three other small tables of people in the restaurant) I asked him when our food would be out. He appeared 'put off ' by my question. This seemed to set the tone for the rest of the time.He never asked to refill our water (by friend went up to the bar and asked for a refill). When Justin brought our food he never said a word, other than if I wanted ketchup--which he came back with 5 minutes later. Justin never bothered to make eye contact or acknowledge anything about our eating experience until we were putting our coats on and ready to leave. Both my friend and I are in customer service businesses and KNOW how IMPORTANT customer service it. WHY would a restaurant establishment employ someone who clearly lacks any customer service. Despite my food being good, I will never go back due to the extremely BAD SERVICE.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JoeSorge, Owner at Water Buffalo, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Diane,
I'm so sorry that this was your experience with Justin. Not at all how your evening should have gone. I cannot and will not offer any excuses, and I'd very much like to make it up to you. Entirely at my expense, of course.

Could you please shoot me an email so that I can assist you with the arrangement of a return visit?
joe at waterbuffalomilwaukee dot com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Eagle, Wisconsin
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

After reading the reviews we were looking forward to lunch. When we arrived we were greeted promptly and efficiently I believe by the manager. The interior is like many of the buildings in the Third Ward but they have added interesting touches to the design. Our server was Ashley, I would describe as efficient but not a warm greeting appeared to be mechanical. We each order a glad of wine, a decent selection by the glass. We had both settled on the Turkey Brie with raspberry and the soup which was a corn chowder. The soup had an interesting taste with Cilantro, could have been warmer but tasteful. Our sandwich was a bit of disappointment, it was to much bread and also we were comparing it to Cafe Hollanders version.
We plan on going back a server can have an off day, no Brie though. The outside deck looks alluring. Parking is adventure in this part of town

• Visited April 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“One of my favs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Eat on the RiverWalk in the summer. Service is always good, sometimes exceptional. Not a huge menu selection, but everything I have tried here is good. Wish they wouldn't have changed the tuna appetizer, but its still worth it.

Visited February 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Healthy me?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Ok, I tried a healthy meal split with my wife. Fruity brushetta & black bean burger to share. For an extreme carnivore, this was a test. Shockingly good, very flavorful and washed done with multiple sangias, both red & white. We'll be back in spriing/summer.

Visited August 2013
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Tasty Happy Hour Sunday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Party of four on a Sunday for lunch. The Happy Hour Specialty Drinks (Martinis) and Blood Orange Margaritas were great! I had the Jose's Secret Salmon Burger, which was very tasty, and the rest of my party enjoyed their entrees (Black Bean Burger, BLT, and Greens Salad) as well. Although the bartender was a bit slow to prepare our drinks, she did mix them superbly. Our server (Ed) was very kind and friendly, although he seemed a bit nervous. The ambiance was nice and relaxed, with a good view toward the Milwaukee River.

• Visited February 2014