“Delicious Cajun Creole and Excellent Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 1,502 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Maxie's is Milwaukee's outpost of Southern cooking and comfort food. Known for seafood and fish dishes, Maxie's features an oyster bar with Happy Hour and nightly specials. Maxie's draws inspiration from throughout the South, and serves barbecue, Low Country favorites, Cajun and Creole cuisine.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Delicious Cajun Creole and Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Three friends and I had dinner at Maxie's this week. One friend doesn't like spicy food, and the server showed her several alternatives. I had the Vegetarian Jambalaya, which was wonderful. (I'm not a vegetarian, but have ordered this before and loved it.) The sweet potato fries are crispy and served with creme fraiche. Portions are quite ample. Our server was Josh and he did an outstanding job--very pleasant, low keyed,responsive without overdoing it, attentive and efficient, he really made our dining experience complete. Kudos to Maxie's!

• Visited November 2013

Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Don't miss MAXIE'S! A unique experience in Milwaukee.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I love Cajun-Creole food! The flavors of these foods are like no other. But, it's not very often I get down to Louisiana so the next best thing is...MAXIE'S, here in the Milwauakee area.

Atmosphere: Maxie's is a hoppin place. It can get pretty loud at times. There are two levels to the restaurant. The main level and the upstairs level. Both levels have a large bar and tables for dinner. I have eaten on both levels and I would say the upstairs is quieter than the lower level but by no means, real quiet. Maxie's is a great place to go with friends or relatives. It's a great place to hang out and have fun. There are also TV's on both levels so watching a sports game while at the bar is a great way to pass time.

So enough about the atmoshpere because the real reason your going to go to Maxie's is for the food. And what great food it is!! The menu has a variety of things to choose from but the thing I fell in love with is...THE BARBEQUE ANGUS BEEF BRISKET. This entree is only available as a special like 3 times a week. It comes with fries, a side salad, beans and of course the BEST barbeque angus beef brisket around! The menu has authentic southern comfort food and as much as I LOVE the brisket, I might try some of their other entrees. The Frogmore Stew looks amazing as well so I think I'll try that next time.

So, overall Maxie's is fantastic. I would highly recommend it for having a good time with friends or family but most of all for the food. It is authentic southern food which is a real blessing for us folks up here in the north country. Also, don't miss Maxie's home made desserts. I had the Key Lime Pie which is sooooo good!

Don't miss going to Maxie's! FOR REAL!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank golfrusa
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We just moved to this area and haven't had a chance to try many places. This was suggested to us at a party. The atmosphere is very fun and funky! The food was a little pricey my husband did not like anything he ordered however I thought the food was amazing. The manager stopped by during our meal to chat. Our server was very attentive. I would go back again for sure.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love this place so much. The food is consistently excellent, the service wonderful. I was there the first day they opened and go back many times. Awesome happy hour with half off oysters (fantastic oysters). The staff is so awesome. Love the Chicken fried chicken, the supper club salad, Po Boys, the burgers. Great martinis. Great cornbread, good shrimp and grits. They get the last star back when they open for lunch again and make me a Muffaletta :)

• Visited August 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Small menu, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Unique atmosphere with small (one page) 'southern' menu. Every dish has they're own twist on it, so points for originality, but if you want simple food this may not be your scene. Service and atmosphere are always fantastic, but expect a long wait. Highly recommend the corn bread served before the meal - Tasty!

Visited August 2013