“Great restaurant”
Review of Mason Street Grill

Mason Street Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mason Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,507 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Description: Welcome to Mason Street Grill, where our world-renown steaks, warm ambiance and gracious staff are waiting to make your ordinary day extraordinary! Whether entertaining colleagues or dining with special friends Mason Street Grill’s lunch and dinner menus are sure to please every appetite. Enjoy happy-hour in our Lounge while listening to Milwaukee’s best live jazz, Monday-Saturday. Our private dining rooms are perfect for business meetings, social gatherings, and feature our culinary team’s outstanding customized menus. Come on in and make yourself comfortable, and let us take care of the rest!
NC
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The service and food here are really terrific. I had the trout which was great and all the sides are fantastic. Service is very professional

Visited May 2014
Eric G, General Manager at Mason Street Grill, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the trout entree. It is one of my favorite items on the meal. I hope that we are able to see you again in the near future and thank you for your feedback!

Sincerely

Eric T Grimm

Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The steak, ordered medium, was served well-done. The sides were average at best and the roast chicken was on the salty side as were most of the sides. Swordfish was average and served with a sauce that was unnecessary and did nothing to enhance the flavor of the fish.

That being said, the service was very good. The steak was taken off the check without us even asking and we were assured that this was an anomaly. The manager made it a point to stop by out table more than once to see how we were doing and when we stopped in the following day (we were staying in the hotel) she made it a point to welcome us back and checked-in periodically.

Hopefully it was just an off-day, as most of the reviews are good.

• Visited May 2014
I apologize that that steak was not cooked to your satisfaction. I am glad to hear that the manager did stop by and check on you. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other feedback as I greatly appreciate learning about our guest experience. I hope that you will give Mason Street Grill another opportunity and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Sincerely

Eric T Grimm
Grant-Valkaria, Florida
“Great Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a great romantic dinner at the Mason Street Grill. With great steaks, champagne, drinks, and a great service, The dinner was not rushed, the food fantastic. We had a great server. All in all a wonderful night out.
It was my second time here, although first time in many years. One of the great eating establishments in my home town,
5 stars all the way

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“More than disappointing”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I made reservations at the Mason Street Grill to celebrate our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. We had our wedding reception at the Pfister Hotel 25 years ago, and thought it might be nice to go there for dinner. We told the Hostess of this special occasion when we made the reservations, and mentioned it again when we arrived. Nothing was ever acknowledged by the wait staff. Ok, so maybe a good meal would make up for their negligence. Except it didn't. It was one of the worst meals we have ever had. My husband had the $49 filet which had so much fat on it, he could hardly eat it. I ordered the veal chop at $39,which is supposed to be tender, and it too had so much fat, I could hardly cut it with my steak knife,let alone chew it. They offered me another choice, so I chose the free range chicken dish which looked like it was steamed. I make better chicken at home. For our disappointing experience, the only thing they did was deduct my husbands soup from the bill. Oh, I forgot to mention ambiance, because there was none. Music was so loud we could hardly have a conversation with one another. This was a far cry from our first anniversary that we celebrated at the English Room at the Pfister, when the food,service, and atmosphere were impeccable. Guess those days are long gone at the Pfister. Needless to say, we won't be returning.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank moeknows2014
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Great Food”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Although part of The Pfister Hotel, the Mason Street Grill does not feel as though it is part of the Hotel. The Bar area is very comfortable and inviting. The food is very good. I had the fried Lake Perch sandwich for lunch and, while fired, it was fresh and not overly breaded or cooked.