“Extremely convenient for Baseball night game”

BEST WESTERN Milwaukee West
Ranked #22 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Cincinnati, OH
“Extremely convenient for Baseball night game”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

First off, we came to town simply to see a baseball game (which was fantastic even though our team lost). My husband and 2 kids were able to quickly check in, park the van out back, and dump our stuff in the clean room. With only two full-size beds, I asked the front desk clerk for a cot, which came up immediately. Room was clean, towels were fluffy and extremely clean. Shower had some mildew in corners. Front desk clerk called for a taxi for us (I had recently had foot surgery so couldn't do what would normally be a moderate walk for my kids). Over to the stadium in 5 minutes. Really convenient o the way home. Morning continental breakfast (bagels, muffins, donuts) was sufficient to bring up the room as we get ready to leave. Net, not a luxury hotel, but perfect for our schedule.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Marbar4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We needed to stay in two different parts of Milwaukee on this trip; first downtown, then near the ballpark. Downtown we stayed at a five star property and near the ball park we chose the Woods View Inn. What a pleasant surprise to find the Woods View to be a clean, well appointed, nicely run and reasonably priced hotel so close to Miller Park. Our room was as comfortable and better supplied than the expensive place downtown. We'll probably stay here every time we come to Milwaukee from now on.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank 1Mustang1
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

The only things good about this hotel were the internet service and the comfort of the bed. As a diamond member, since the hotel wasn't full, I thought when I checked in that I would be asked if I wanted an upgrade. That did not happen. My room smelled and there was a red stain on the carpet by the bathroom entrance, which to me looked like blood. The room had a terrible odor so fortunately I was able to open the window to air it out. . I called the front desk several times to ask about a room service menu. Finally someone answered the 4th time and told me the restaurant is closed, which I found out later was due to the owner passing away. Still, they should post it on the website and tell people when they check in. One of the reasons I decided to try this hotel was because of the restaurant reviews. I had traveled all day and didn't want to go out after I checked in. I ended up trying a chicken place that delivered and although it was ok, it wasn't great. The parking lot is behind the hotel, down a slope that was icy and full of snow The hallways smell, the room smelled, just very smelly!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank MarilynJ6354
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

For an under $75/night hotel, we were pleasantly surprised with the Woodsview. If you are on a tight budget and want a nice, clean, no-frills place to stay, this hotel is highly recommended by us. The indoor pool and hot tub are shared with the apartment complex next door, but the pool area is exceptionally clean and well cared for. The hotel staff was very friendly and eager to please. The rooms are not fancy, but were well cared for and clean.

If you want a nice meal withou leaving the premises, the restaurant/lounge on the lower level serves a great meal. We were initially put off by the appearance of the place, but we are glad we decided to stay. I had the KC Strip, and my husband had the Fried perch. Our 3yo son had chicken noodle soup. We all had more food than we could eat and it was very good. The staff here was exceptionally friendly as well, and made sure we were pleased with our meals.

Once registered, the parking is located behind the motel and you re-enter through a lower level entrance that looks like a service entrance but it is much more convenient than walking back around to the main lobby.

Overall, if you are expecting a newer hotel with fancy rooms, this is probably not the place for you.... But, if you want a nice place to stay and don't mind an older hotel that has been well-maintained and is clean, then go ahead and try out the Woodsview Inn.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

My friends and I chose to stay at the Woods View Inn due to its proximity to Miller Park. We knew beforehand that other than Miller Park, there really wasn't anything else in the vicinity of the hotel, and that the hotel wasn't in the ritziest area. We weren't really expecting too much, but we did get more than we had expected. The staff were absolutely AMAZING throughout our two-night stay. The room we had was a bit more spacious than we had expected. Having a little kitchen area complete with an oven, fridge, and microwave was an added bonus, even though we weren't able to use them during our short stay. The continental breakfast that was included was nothing to rave about, but the complimentary toast, baked goods, yogurt, fruit salad, hard boiled eggs, cereal and oatmeal were more than adequate for our needs.

There's a restaurant/bar attached to the hotel, but we didn't have the chance to try it because food isn't served after 9pm.

The hotel's about a 20-minute walk from Miller Park, and they provide easy directions at front desk. The walk is actually a nice walk, and very safe. But other than Miller Park, there really isn't anything around. There's a couple of bars (which were packed so we didn't go in) and we were able to walk to a Walgreen's and a Taco Bell. So this hotel probably isn't the best choice if you want to see the city, unless you're willing to drive.

The only negatives we experienced were that the beds were a bit too hard for our comfort level, the walls are somewhat thin (but we weren't disrupted at night), and the elevator is definitely not for the claustrophobic (luckily we were on the 2nd floor so we didn't really have to use it). But the negatives really didn't affect us at all.

We will definitely be staying here the next time we head to Milwaukee for Brewers games.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank highsockmojo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

We stayed at this hotel because of the location near Miller Park in Milwaukee. Reviews had stated you could take a 15 minute walk to Miller Park and this was what we were looking for. The hotel was only a couple stop lights off of the freeway, easy access to/from. Our room was clean, more than adequate, great pillows and nice staff. We also took advantage of the "lounge" they had in the basement of the hotel--the food was good and we had a fun time while there. Our kids enjoyed the pool and exercise room. Because of where our room was located, the walls weren't as 'thick' and soundproof as we'd liked but we made due. The walk to Miller Park was very easy and safe and they even have a little map showing you directions. It was great and we'd certainly stay here again, especially when attending a Brewer game!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
yoopergirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

My husband and I travel 430 miles on a regular basis to the VA Medical center. Over the past 18 months we have stayed here to many times to actually count. The staff is WONDERFUL!!! Special thanks to Michelle. Our rooms are nice (nothing special but always very clean.) The continental breakfast is also very nice. After numerous trips we finally made our way to The New Colony and had a wonderful time. Last summer my husband spent 5 days in intensive care and I stayed at the hotel by myself. It would have been a scary experience except the staff was so very good to me. As a person who has spent over 20 years in the service industry, I would like to say a big thank-you. Your service is truely 2nd to none!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank yoppergirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Ambassador Hotel
Ambassador Hotel
#11 of 56 in Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,397 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
#41 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to BEST WESTERN Milwaukee West? Share your experiences!