“Comfort at Milwauke Aiport Best Western”

Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #29 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Excellent room at an excellent price. Good food in the restaurant. Airport shuttle. Excellent waitress in the restaurant: Tammy. Decent-size TV. Lots of pillows. Everything was comfortable. Sturdy professional desk chair.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

WORST BW I EVER STAYED IN!!!! I was embarrassed and humiliated by thebreakfast staff. I am disabled and as such was refused breakfast. I was told to sit anywhere. The only tables left that I could access were way in the back. I placed my items there and went to fetch my breakfast (eggs and juice). I noticed there was no silverware so went all the way back up front to request some (for a disabled person; that is a terrible long distance). She rudely told me I could not sit there and would not give me silverware. I reminded her she said for me to sit anywhere. She said that meant the booth or up the step to that table. I explained my leg would not allow me to do either. I was told too bad. I inquired so you are telling me I have to go without breakfast instead of allowing me 5 min to eat a table that I can access. She said YES! I gathered my items and left informing I would speak to management. I went to the front desk. The desk clerk there was very kind. He tried to help. He said I had to talk to the shift supervisor, which was in the resturant during all this and did NOTHING! Mngt would not be in until after 8am. I had to be at a meeting by then. I called BW Central and am filing a formal complaint at ADA. There is no call for this type of treatment. Your ADA rooms are substandard and the entire stay was a nightmare! I had what was classified as an ADA room. The bed was about 6 inches off the floor. Very painful to enter and exit. The shower had no hot water and the toilet did not work. Room was not cleaned before my stay and never was during my stay. I entered with pills on the floor under the desk and saran wrap. Horribly noisy at all times. The atrium was great but it made the rest of the hotel so hot (100F) that you could not cool your room. The hot tub was over 100F. It burned! I WILL NOT BE BACK!

2  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night after our wedding and the day before leaving for our honeymoon. We got upgraded to the honeymoon suite. It was a 2 room suite. Very nice with lots of room. We had to go up to the front desk to ask them to fix the connecting door. It wouldn't open. We got shuttled to the airport at 3am and they had a great selection of food and drink to bring with us to the airport with us. Our car was parked in their parking lot for a week with no issues! Great hotel for park and fly!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nice clean property with helpful staff. Literally right across the street from airport. It took me 2 minutes from the time I left the hotel until I was returning the rental car. Used the workout facility and the really nice clean pool under an atrium. nice clean room, and really nice continental breakfast in the hotel restaurant. easy check-in and check-out. I didn't have my kids with me, but they would've loved it. If you are flying out of MKE, I would definitely recommend this Best Western.

Room Tip: lower 100 level is same as pool atrium area
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for one night after attending a funeral for a family member. The hotel is across from General Mitchell International Airport and getting to the hotel isn't a problem since it's adequately marked.

The check-in staff was excellent and they acknowledged that our family were Platinum Level Best Western Rewards members with a bag of goodies. The exercise room had standard equipment (treadmill, bicycle and some weights) and I liked the fact I wasn't run out of the exercise room after I went past the allotted time that it was open (helped me unwind after the long drive). The beds were nice and comfortable but the room was a bit on the cramped side.

Breakfast is provided by a restaurant that is located on the property. I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast but the wife really liked the selection that was offered.

Had two issues during our stay. The heating for the hotel was inadequate in our room along with the exercise room during the colder weather. In our room we had the heat up as high as we could get it but still had to bundle up to stay warm. They also need to re-position the microwave/refrigerator because the configuration they had it in made it impossible to use the microwave. Once i re-arranged the microwave we were able to use it.

Our family would definitely stay here again especially if we are flying out of the Milwaukee area because of its location to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a pleasant experience at this hotel for our "send-off" to Hawaii. Check-in was smooth and quick. Our room was pre-paid on Expedia for the "park and fly" promo and no questions asked. One of the few hotels that allow parking for longer than a week. Had a great casual dinner in the Aviator Sports Bar & Grill. Beds were super comfy. The shuttle driver was right on time at 5:00 am. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I came down for their "free" breakfast and saw that the person running the place wasn't wearing any gloves while handling the food! I obviously didn't eat much. Was nagged about some breakfast menu and was served cold coffee twice! When I mentioned this to Erin at the front desk, she treated me like I was stupid.
That's not all that I experienced. The bed sheets looked like they hadn't been changed and there was dust on everything. The shower had a drip that would stop and the toilet didn't flush right! Not what expected from the other reviews. Must have friends and family writing reviews for this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank justme04_11
Travellers also viewed these Milwaukee hotels
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee Airport
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Milwaukee Airport, WI
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 5105 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207-6130 (Formerly Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.)
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#11 Family Hotel in Milwaukee
#24 Romantic Hotel in Milwaukee
#25 Business Hotel in Milwaukee
Price Range: £63 - £123 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center 3*
In addition to an indoor pool, Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center provides a whirlpool and a 24-hour fitness center. Dining options at the hotel includes Aviator Bar & Grill. Aviator Bar and Grille - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Room service (during limited hours) is available. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning from 6am-10am and early travelers have a quick and easy Grab & Go breakfast option. An Airline arrivals and departures monitor is located in the main lobby and on site wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Business-related amenities at this 3-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 12,000 square feet (1115 square meters) include a conference center. This family-friendly hotel also offers an arcade/game room, multilingual staff, and gift shops. A round trip airport shuttle is complimentary to guests (available 24 hours). Onsite self parking is complimentary. Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr is a smoke-free property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel And Conference Center