“"Absolutely Fantastic"”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Ranked #23 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Las Vegas, Nevada
“"Absolutely Fantastic"”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Needed a place for the night in Milwaukee. So glad I picked this place. Very close to airport ( you don't hear planes). Car rentals at arms length very nearby. Quick 10-15 min drive to downtown Milwaukee for great food and night life. The staff couldn't have been more courteous, helpful and friendly. The rooms were tastefully done and very clean. However given the age of the hotel you can hear people in the halls and above you, but has to do more with the inconsideration of the guests and not the hotel. They serve a great breakfast from 6:30-10:00 AM. I would definitely recommend a stay here and when back in Milwaukee would return.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from atrium as the pool is in the center and can become noisy. The rooms in the b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
BestwesternPLUS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We definitely pride ourselves with the most helpful staff and convenient location to everything you need to enjoy Milwaukee. I hope you come and visit us again! Thank you for choosing Best Western PLUS Milwaukee Airport.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Tammy at Aviator was wonderful! The poor girl does everything yet maintains a good attitude and friendly service. She was waiting tables, training other staff, and running the cash register.Thanks, Tammy!

1 Thank Amy M
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've been working in Milwaukee Tue - Friday for 2 months. The hotel property itself is a little tired but the staff makes up for it by being extra friendly and attentive. I've slept in at least 9 different rooms and the beds are consistently comfortable. The restaurant is nothing fancy but dependably clean and tasty. Breakfast manager Craig Conway deserves special mention for his good work. Skip the fitness room - it's a sad disappointment. The bar has good drink and food specials.

If you're a no frills traveler looking for good value - stay here.

Room Tip: If you're seeking quiet at night, get away from the pool, but also avoid the ground floor doors...
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was working in Milwaukee at the airport from out of town and stayed at the hotel Monday through Thursday night basically for 6 weeks. The great front desk staff to room service to the restaurant staff, everyone greeted you with a smile and made sure you were happy with your stay and taken care of. The rooms had comfortable chairs, a nice big desk, refrigerator, microwave, iron, coffee maker, plenty of towels and lots of pillows and a large tv and alarm clock. Very comfortable. I ate breakfast there every morning. Craig Conway and his crew of Rockeya, Dayana and Estelle were early risers making sure the breakfast was hot and ready to go. The shuttle service to and from the airport was very good too. Less than 5 minute wait for pick up if you called and or they were not there already. The restaurant staff including the bar was really nice and attentive as well. Cant remember their names but Edwin, Danielle, David, Rich were fantastic server and bartenders. Front desk people Ricco and Shane? were always cheerful and smiling and of best service.
Overall, I recommend this hotel for long or short stays.
The ONLY drawback, was the pool hours, I wished they were 2 hours earlier and 2 hours later in times.

Room Tip: closer to the lobby the better, unless you wanna walk 2 blocks to the restaurant or lobby
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
BestwesternPLUS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr., responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Kevin,
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so happy to hear we could be your extended family and home away from home during your lengthy time here in Milwaukee. I appreciate your feedback about the pool hours, I will definitely address the pool hours, that our previous guests suggested to moving forward. For example, we had a tour bus group that requested later pool hours and we accommodated that change for them. As we are committed to ensuring that guest feedback is adhered to and we drive any transitions at this hotel, because of the guest. Please contact me personally to discuss any upcoming trips to Milwaukee and I assure you that I will take care of you.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here the night before flying out of Milwaukee on a trip and it worked out fine and the motel is close and convenient to the airport. Their park and fly deal worked great and the room was large, clean and comfortable and their personnel are very friendly. The breakfast selection is good and they have a fun bar and dining room attached to the motel. The night we stayed, there was a wedding reception in the convention center so the place was really crowded, but not very noisy. Their bus picked us up upon our return to Milwaukee in about 5 minutes after I called them.
Certainly would recommend the place for an overnight stay or their park and fly deal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Excellent room at an excellent price. Good food in the restaurant. Airport shuttle. Excellent waitress in the restaurant: Tammy. Decent-size TV. Lots of pillows. Everything was comfortable. Sturdy professional desk chair.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Daytona Beach, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2014

WORST BW I EVER STAYED IN!!!! I was embarrassed and humiliated by thebreakfast staff. I am disabled and as such was refused breakfast. I was told to sit anywhere. The only tables left that I could access were way in the back. I placed my items there and went to fetch my breakfast (eggs and juice). I noticed there was no silverware so went all the way back up front to request some (for a disabled person; that is a terrible long distance). She rudely told me I could not sit there and would not give me silverware. I reminded her she said for me to sit anywhere. She said that meant the booth or up the step to that table. I explained my leg would not allow me to do either. I was told too bad. I inquired so you are telling me I have to go without breakfast instead of allowing me 5 min to eat a table that I can access. She said YES! I gathered my items and left informing I would speak to management. I went to the front desk. The desk clerk there was very kind. He tried to help. He said I had to talk to the shift supervisor, which was in the resturant during all this and did NOTHING! Mngt would not be in until after 8am. I had to be at a meeting by then. I called BW Central and am filing a formal complaint at ADA. There is no call for this type of treatment. Your ADA rooms are substandard and the entire stay was a nightmare! I had what was classified as an ADA room. The bed was about 6 inches off the floor. Very painful to enter and exit. The shower had no hot water and the toilet did not work. Room was not cleaned before my stay and never was during my stay. I entered with pills on the floor under the desk and saran wrap. Horribly noisy at all times. The atrium was great but it made the rest of the hotel so hot (100F) that you could not cool your room. The hot tub was over 100F. It burned! I WILL NOT BE BACK!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Andrea S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Clarion Hotel Airport
Clarion Hotel Airport
#40 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.

Property: BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Address: 5105 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207-6109
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#16 Family Hotel in Milwaukee
#24 Romantic Hotel in Milwaukee
#25 Business Hotel in Milwaukee
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr. 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel And Conference Center