“Great authentic moles!”

Ranked #185 of 1,670 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bay View
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I have been to Oaxaca City in Mexico, and the moles at Riviera Maya remind me of the moles in Oaxaca. Fantastic, authentic food... Great service too. And my marguerita was delicioso! Oh, and please try their flan, it was amazing.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stopped for dinner at Riviera Maya after The Old Lady had a craving for Mexican food. This is a fantastic restaurant with a specialty in Mole. Being a family that included some very, very hungry teenage boys, we ordered many different thing off the menu. Every item was well prepared and delicious. We cannot recommend any one item off the menu since everything we tasted was excellent. You cannot go wrong with anything you order. We will absolutely be returning here the next time we're in town.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Yes, yes, yes--lunch and dinner here are lovely. The real treat, however, is the brunch. I came in a few weeks ago on a Saturday morning with a few friends. The menu and service are outstanding. It is a shame that we were the only diners and it would be a bigger shame if the brunch service were discontinued. It is utterly amazing. Something as simple as a ham and cheese omelet is not simple. It comes sliced into 4 rolled pieces of egg, ham, cheese and seasonings. Served with fabulous fresh fruit, beans and potatoes. The other diners were all impressed as well. Go check this out. Just wonderful!

Management response:Responded 9 June 2017

Thank you for the great feedback, Janet! We are so glad you enjoyed our Brunch and had such kind words about it. We hope you stop by for an omelette again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We met with friends here on Friday night. It was very busy and the service was slow. The menu has some traditional Mexican dishes like tacos and margaritas, but no fajitas. It has a very vibrate and energetic atmosphere without being too loud to hear the conversation next too you. The margarita was also the usual. Although it's a very traditional place, everyone there seemed to the having a great time. This is a good place for friends who want to hang out, talk, and drink and aren't in a hurry. They also are able to accommodate large groups. We were a group of 7.

Management response:Responded 12 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Making our guests feel welcome and well cared for is our highest priority and I am sorry that you did not experience the level of service and attention that our guests have come to expect. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our staff so we can work to provide a better overall experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

If you like a nice mole sauce, this is the place for you! If you're not into that, this may or may not be the place for you. I always enjoy my meal here (I am not one who is into moles), but the real winners here for me are the margaritas (which are strong), the guacamole, and the chicken tortilla soup that you can get as an appetizer. A lovely place to come for a one-on-one dinner in Bayview!

Been to Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!