“Bon Appetit !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Jacques - CLOSED

Chez Jacques
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This touch of Paris in the heart of Milwaukee offers authentic breakfast, lunch and dinner entrees, using ingredients true to French customs and created fresh to each order. New Prix fixe three-course specials each evening for $24. Extensive French wine list, including organics. Available for private parties, catering, take-out.
Lebanon, Ohio
“Bon Appetit !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

On a recent trip to Milwaukee my brother and sister-in-law took me to Chez Jacques. I had been there one other time with my brother and we had a wonderful soup for lunch. This time we were there in early evening after they picked me up at the airport. We ate outside which was very nice as the weather was lovely. I had the salade nicoise , a glass of wine and some really good bread. The salade nicoise was excellent and had a great Dijon dressing. I had the ahi tuna on the salad and you could also have shrimp or chicken I believe. For dessert we had a blueberry rhubarb tarte that was a perfect end to our meal. For authentic French food with excellent preparation and service try Chez Jacques. Bon appetit !

• Visited June 2014

Milwaukee
“Like Paris, without the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere in the US. I love French cuisine, but I don't usually have the budget or the outfit to go the fancy places. Casual Chez Jacques reminds me of one of the corner bistros in Paris where the locals would go. Charmingly decorated, great service, affordable prices, and wonderful food. A Milwaukee Must if ever there was one!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank KathLK
somers. wisconsin
“Country French bistro in third ward”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I ate at Chez Jacques to celebrate my daughters return home from college. Although we were there from 6:30 to 8:00 pm on a Saturday night the place was fairly empty. My potato leek soup was tasty but barely lukewarm. My daughters enjoyed their French onion soup and husband his tomato bean. Steak frites was as expected, sea scallops also good but only four come on the plate. The quail special was a nice surprise. Desserts are huge. Service was very friendly. The dining room we were seated in had a slight musty smell as if the restaurant had recently flooded or suffered a roof leak.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank grinisa
Wisconsin
“Many Visits and Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have been to Chez Jacques for lunch, brunch and dinner. All were very good, which is why we return.

The service is always very welcoming. We have been here with 2,4, and 12 guests and each time the service was spot on. If the server doesn't know something he/she goes the extra mile to get an answer. A nice touch is that Jacques is very engaging with his guests. He walks to each table to ensure satisfaction.

My favorites are the Onion Soupe Gratinee, Quiche Lorraine, Ham & Gruyere Crepe, and the Croque Monsieur. The steamed mussels are also a delight, as appetizer or meal.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Traipse_About
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I visit this place time and time again. Great portions, good prices, excellent food, great service! Lots to choose from.

• Visited November 2013