Brumder Mansion Bed and Breakfast
US$169
US$159
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$218
US$197
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmarble showercomplimentary winebreakfast was deliciousshared bathroombeautiful place to stayfree cookiesminute drivemodern hoteleach morningfrom chicagomarquette universityneighborhoodvictoriancarrsuitetomsdvds
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This is a beautifully restored home. we saw all but one of the rooms and they were all very nice. The service was very good, the breakfast as well. We stayed there 3 nights and did the Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. Had a great time. Off site parking is not an issue it is only 2 houses down, there is parking on the street for unloading bags.
We would love to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Our stay at Brumder left a lot to be desired. We booked our room (the Gwyneth Suite) in January (and confirmed the reservation a week before our stay in April), and weren't told either time that the whirlpool jets didn't work (and I've since found other reviews indicating that's been a long-standing problem). The television didn't work and when I tried to call our host to request help we got voicemail each time we tried to reach them (they did call us back several hours later, leaving us with the impression that there was no host on site). There is no on-site parking for this B&B - we had to park down the street and across the block and haul our luggage back to the home. Also, the home is in a pretty rough-looking neighborhood. Lastly, the breakfast was nothing to write home about - very small servings and tasteless.

On the positive side, the decor of the suite we booked was absolutely lovely, the bed very comfortable, and the bathroom was gorgeous! Over all, however, we could not recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MNBSR
bunkermonkey60, Owner at Brumder Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2015

2/2015 - We are sorry that you were disappointed in the Gyneth Suite. The tub was hard to replace, and it took us six months to find one. It is up and working now for a long time. We have new staff members, that are much friendlier, and make better breakfasts. My husband and I are splitting the inn keeping duties. Tom is now booking all the rooms and events himself.

The TV in the Gyneth is tricky, and I'm sorry that no one was available to help you. Tom and I are at Brumder Mansion 80% of the time now, and both of us know how to work all the TV's, including the one in the Gyneth. All the staff numbers and other relevant information is printed out on a sheet, located in each room. There is always someone there to help you.

We know our neighbors, and they know us. Great neighborhood watch! The neighborhood is very much like New Orleans, where a lot of folks from various economic groups live together, mostly in peace. 98% of the people in our neighborhood are good folks, and go about their business. The other 2 % of people can be in any neighborhood. The community at large is presently meeting in several groups to actively come up with ways to renovate and redevelop our neighborhood.

I sincerely hope you give us another try.

Reviewed 7 March 2011

Absolutely perfect. Beautiful building, excellent service, comfortable accommodations - our stay at the Brumder was a little piece of Milwaukee heaven. We were warmly greeted by Tonja, who gave us a tour of the amazing mansion. We stayed in the luxurious Gyenth Suite. Our jaws dropped when Tonja opened the door to our suite....fireplace, king size bed, huge jacuzzi tub, spacious bathroom with rainfall shower head....the list goes on and on. Tonja did let us know that unfortunately the jets were not working in the tub. Her solution....full access to the suite next door! Talk about hospitality!

The next morning Tonja served us a delicous, piping hot breakfast and even let us check out a little late so we could take another brief tour of the building.

If you're planning a weekend getaway, or need a place to stay when in Milwaukee, STAY AT THE BRUMDER! The prices are incredibly reasonable for the quality of the accommodations and the high level of service. We have stayed at B&Bs throughout the country, and the Brumber is by far our favorite experience.

Thank you Tonja - we'll be back!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We really loved our stay at the Brumder Mansion. It had every element that we look for in a bed and breakfast - history, proximity to activities, great conversation, and delicious breakfasts. The house is small enough to give a quaint feeling, but it is large enough to offer privacy, and it is in excellent condition from top to bottom.

Both Tonja and Tom were able to give us a lot of background information about the mansion and about Milwaukee in general. It can be a challenge to be creative with breakfast foods, but Tonja's breakfasts were always exceptional and never boring. Plus, the house was always stocked with refreshments including assorted local beers and cookies. Finally, we were a very short drive to the Miller Brewing Company, the Basilica of St. Josephat, the Milwaukee Art Museum, the Pabst Mansion, and the Harley Davidson Museum, all of which I would highly recommend touring.

We fell in love with Milwaukee, and we are looking forward to visiting the Brumder again soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We decided we wanted a small, intimate, and classy wedding reception. Tanja was so helpful. She was my helpful wedding coordinator. We were able to stay the night prior and set the theater up how we wanted, Tanja and Anita helped us with all the decorations. At the end of the night I turned the light off, took a deep sigh, imagined the next day, and was filled with excitement; it looked perfect. The next morning my Dad, his wife and I were served the most amazing breakfast. Stuffed french raisin toast with strawberries and apple sausage. I was a very happy bride from that moment on. It was a great start to the day. Upon arrival for the reception, we were greeted by our guests and Tanja. It was perfect! Guests commented all night long how unique and classy The Brumder is. Everything was perfect that whole evening. We were able to have 19 guests stay with us that night and it made for the a great ending to the night to be able to say good night to our closest family and friends. The morning breakfast we great. The quiche was so good. It was fun to wake up and see all our guests again. My husband and I could not be more pleased with the day. We thank Tanja for her hard work and dedication to making our day complete bliss.
My husband's 40th birthday is coming up and I wanted to go somewhere quiet, romantic and special. I booked a night at the Brumder for us, same room, The Marion. Of course we requested the french toast for breakfast. I can't wait. Anita was so helpful and cordial in making the reservation. I can't wait to see "my special people" again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple