“Love it”
Review of Firefly Tosa

Firefly Tosa
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly Tosa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #342 of 1,518 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Watertown Plank Road
Description: Our philosophy is simple: to offer a modern twist on classic comfort food and libations with a focus on great taste and creativity. We pride ourselves on using all fresh ingredients to create for you some of the best and most innovative craft cocktails and menu items around.
“Love it”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Firefly is one of the lesser-known, but excellent Tosa restaurants. It's a really good place to go with or without kids and Mon-Wed kids eat free. (By the way, the kid's meals are probably the best we've had - meals like homemade chicken tenders or homemade mac and cheese, and all kid meals are served with fresh fruit and frites.) The kids also love the table side smokes for dessert. My husband thinks the Friday fish fry is the best one he's had in his life and I love the lettuce chicken wraps and fondue appetizer. All the food is excellent, the drink specials are great and they have managed to keep the prices reasonable.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Travelmolz

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Good food but pricey”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We went to the Firefly for our Women's group Christmas dinner-- a group of 11 of us attended. We arrived early to have a drink at the bar-- (the Sangria was on special and very tasty), were seated promptly and given space to stash 11 gifts.
The menu was good with ample choices for all of us. We ordered numerous entrees- which all came warm and promptly and we were all pleased with the food. (I had salmon- very good)
Nothing came with the entree though--no soup or salad, the meal was not real filling and I thought pricey for what I actually received.
One thing missing which would have been nice-- a basket of warm bread or rolls----
After dinner we went into the "private room" which you can reserve for groups. It's a circular room with a fireplace -- very nice for our group to do our gift exchange! Problem was it was also very dark -- we used flashlights and cell phones to see our gifts.
We also had waitress service which was nice until we received the bill---- we were fine with the automatic tip included but were also taxed on the drinks, so a $6 cost me $8.50-- and the bar was 5 feet away from the room.. Would have gotten my own instead of giving more to Uncle Sam....

• Visited December 2013
New Bern, North Carolina
“Good Food and Good Service”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hosted a family dinner for 9 the night before Thanksgiving. Food was good according to all my guests. We had steaks, short ribs,pasta and saltimbaca. I had the latter which I have not seen very often.
Service was prompt and very friendly.
I felt the prices,including a good bottle of wine, were fair.

• Visited November 2013
wisconsin
“Wonderful menu, slow service”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here. Awesome menu choices. I decided on the jalapeño and parmesean pork chops. The flatbread was very good but the cheese tray was average. We told the waitress we were ready to order early but she disappeared for a while. But when I am back I will try again. So many good menu choices .

Milwaukee WI
“Unfortunate Dining experience In wauwatosa”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Went to the firefly urban bar on a Wednesday night at 6:00pm. There was only 2 tables occupied and the bar was maybe a quarter full. We sat in the dining area since we had a toddler in our group of 3 adults. we were seated by a hostess and were told that happy hour was almost over do we had better order fast if we wanted to save some money. Kind of an odd thing to say since we weren't sitting in the bar. Service was terribly slow from a 15 minute wait for our drinks to a 45 minute wait for our main dishes. We did order 2 apps which took quite a while to come out . While we were waiting for our food , trying to distract a hungry toddler, her cup of milk got knocked over onto the table and the carpeting. There was no one around to help out so we grabbed our cloth napkins to try to clean up the mess. When our waitress did show up she didn't seem too concerned about it. I tried to tell her to get the wait staff to clean up the milk on the carpeting, she never reacted to my suggestion only asking if we would want another milk. She just turned around and left the mess there. I finally went to look for the manager to discuss the situation and even he had no desire to deal with the situation. He told me they don't have a wait staff and it's up to the waitresses to clean up tables etc. I asked him to please bring over something to wipe up the mess. He never did anything about it. We ended up grabbing cloth napkins off other tables to wipe up the best we could, I couldn't believe the lack of concern of the employees. The manager told me no big deal since they frequently clean the carpeting but I found that hard to believe since the carpeting looked absolutely filthy. We were told the our waitress was new but there was no excuse for her behavior. The meals were good but the wait plus all the other issues make it impossible to give a good review. The whole experience was like something out of the twilight zone, and not in a good way.

• Visited July 2013