Brewery Creek Inn
US$109
US$100
QualityInn
The Travelers Inn(Mineral Point)
US$76
US$144
US$122
Super 8 Dodgeville(Dodgeville)(Great Value!)
US$67
Don Q Inn(Dodgeville)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$130
US$124
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsminer's cottagebrewery creeksteakyogurtsalmonhard boiled eggsrestaurant downstairsspring greenstoastthe ownercontinental breakfastshake raglovely roombelgian frieswhirlpool bathsmallest roomon tap
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The room was beautiful, immaculate, and extremely comfortable. The innkeepers definately work extremely hard to keep the Inn in shape. There was no dust anywhere in our room, the fireplace was top notch, and the bath was whiter than my own. Our bed, while comfortable, was super creeky. That is the only negative thing I can say about the room.

We are at the Brewery for dinner and we were less than impressed. I had the caper salmon pasta dish. The pasta and sauce was delicious. The salmon, however, was undercooked (almost raw), cold, and I could not bring myself to eat it. All three of my travel mates had steak and each of them said their steak was chewy, tasteless, and cold. The rice was super plain as well. The waitress was kind when I showed her the raw salmon and gave us a dessert on the house. The dark chocolate cake was decent, and I should mention the microbrews were all good.

The breakfast was not what I expected from a B&B. It was definately a continental breakfast. The website does state that a continental breakfast is what is served, but I was expected a little more for the high price on the room. There was cereal, toast, coffee cake, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and bananas. I have stayed at many B&Bs in the price point and usually receive incredible breakfasts, i.e., fench toast, quiche, fritattas, etc.

Finally, the innkeepers were super nice and accommodating. We ran into a lady at a local tavern that told us the innkeepers were not so nice and would scold you if you made any noise after 8:30 p.m. We found nothing like this. The innkeepers were always friendly and they never said a word to us about being quiet.

I gave an average rating because of how beautiful the room was and how nice the keepers were. Everything else was subpar and I do not think we will ever return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Pleasantly surprised with our room (Room 6?). It was clean, nicely decorated, comfortable bed and huge bathroom with corner whirlpool. The room was light and airy with an exposed stone wall and fireplace (not operable in the summer). It is a little difficult getting luggage in and out since there are lots of stairs. Breakfast was more than continental and the restaurant on the first floor was excellent. Mineral Point is a quaint little town with interesting shops. We enjoyed visiting Shake Rag Alley and reading about the history of the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stay at the Brewery Creek Inn about twice a year. We absolutely love it. It sets the bar in bed & breakfasts for style, comfort, cleanliness and amenities. I am beyond fed up with the cheesy 'dollies and doilies' decor of most b&b's. That is NOT the case at Brewery Creek Inn. It is so elegant and chic that I wished my home was as beautiful. It is also quiet, as children under 12 are not allowed (which is what we prefer). All of the rooms at the inn are great (our particular favorite is Room One), with plush linens, stylish decor, fireplaces, dimmer lighting, clean whirlpool tubs, and organic bath products. The breakfast is outstanding, as well.

Another great amenity is the restaurant located on the first floor. Delicious, fresh food, wonderful desserts & their own beer. We look forward to eating there every time we visit.

Some reviewers here have made negative comments about coming in the back door of the building and seeing cleaning supplies, old kegs, etc. This doesn't bother me at all. I accept that it's an inn AND restaurant in one large, historic building, so there are certain minor pitfalls that should be accepted. But aside from that particular hiccup, everything else at this extraordinary inn IS virtually perfect.

Reviewers have also commented that the proprietors are not particularly friendly. We have gone to Brewery Creek Inn six times in three years and have not found this to be true. Jeff and Deb are polite and informative without being 'in your face,' which is what I prefer.

If you're going to Mineral Point, Spring Green or any of the other surrounding communities (all of which are fun), Brewery Creek is thee place to stay & dine.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TLewis-Martin
Reviewed 20 January 2011

If you're looking for peace and quiet, it may not be the best place. You are staying in bedrooms off a working restaurant. Plus, the owners are nice, but can be a bit awkward. So be friendly, chatty, and enjoy the stay. If you want a big TV, stay home. My wife and I enjoyed the Packer playoff game on their little TVs and we got the same experience. Plus, there are plenty of bars in Mineral Point if you must watch something on TV. It was quiet and nice. That is what we wanted. Yes, the exit is near the kegs of beer. Did you think you'd get a catered private entrance in the working restaurant/inn?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The check in was terribly dissapointing. The owner is not at all friendly and should not be let out of the back. Why don't they just type out a nice welcome letter instead of being greeted as though you are a nuisance. They looked at us with dumb looks on their faces when we asked if were in the right place to check in? "Oh you're here to check in?
The cabin was dirty with 4 windows left wide open even though it was in the low 60's and freezing in there. The dust was very thick on everything and it smelled musty. The bed was clean but thats it. The shower was horrible with a shower head that was very very old and worn out. You know the kind where the water barely gets through and once it does goes everywhere other than where you want it to. Take a quick shower or else you will run out of hot H2o. The wires sticking out of the outlets serving up to 6 appliances was not comforting. The TV is serious a 12" screen and about 35 years old. You can pick up a 20" at Costco for $300 or so. Also it has a 4 cup coffee maker like they used to have in Super 8's circa 1988. Needless to say for the $190 we paid for it we were not at all impressed. I doubt anyone would come back to visit this place. Also to check out by leaving the key in the back next to the dumpster and old beer kegs was charming. i hope i don't sound too harsh in my review but why should i hand money over to people who don't seem to care a bout their guests.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family