“Great Get Away”
Review of Brewery Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mineral Point
Brewery Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Mineral Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My boyfriend and I decided on a whim to get away for the weekend. We thought trying a B&B might be fun. As we started looking at B&Bs we realized that many were very old fashioned and lacked some of the privacy we wanted. But when we came across the Brewery Creek Inn site we were excited to have a B&B experience.

The rooms have a lot of character and coziness you don't get with a hotel but had a more modern style and a private bathroom which we wanted.

You do have to check in at the restaurant bar however I found no issue with this. We knew it was a restaurant and they quickly recognized we were there to check in. We checked in first and then brought our bags in through the back door after we had our room so we weren't trying to navigate them through the restaurant.

We stayed in room 7 which is one of the smallest but I loved it. The room was charming and chic at the same time. Everything was very clean and the double whirlpool tub was very relaxing.

The breakfast pastries and coffee were very good. We found the Inn Keepers to be friendly and helpful.

I thought the restaurant was delicious. It's a little pricier then some of the other cafes around the town however I thought the food and portion sizes were good for what we paid.

I feel the disappointments in the back entrance are a bit petty. I guess if you are expecting a hotel with a grand entrance area, maybe you should just stay in an actual hotel. It's a historic building that functions as a residence, inn and restaurant and I think they do an excellent job of operating it as all three. Walking out a back door once or twice by the kegs didn't even register to me as being any issue....

We stayed the weekend and really enjoyed our trip but I'm not sure we would find enough to do in the town to stay an entire weekend again. However we hope to stay as we are traveling through sometime because it was one of my favorite lodging places. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We went to Mineral Point to get out of the city for a couple of days. We read the reviews of Brewery Creek Inn and saw the pictures and thought it would be a perfect place for 2 nights. We called to say that we would arrive late (10pm) and once there, we found that the inn keeper had left us little post-it notes on the walls so that we could find our room. We thought that was cute and very sweet. We opened to door to room 6 and were amazed at how nice the room was. Four-poster bed, fireplace, nice antique furniture, nice lighting, 3 windows, and an exposed stone wall! The bathroom was super clean and the corner double jacuzzi was fantastic! Breakfast was simple but great; homemade pastries, coffee, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt...that was enough for us but if you're looking for brunch you can find something up the street. We also ate dinner at the restaurant and found the food to be reasonably good. The beer was excellent.

Mineral Point is a cute little town and we spent the next day exploring the shops and the nearby Governor Dodge State Park. The day was a little chilly and damp and when we returned to the room that evening, we turned on the fireplace and both of us were very content reading and watching TV on the couch in front of the fire.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank USAtravelerChicago
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The location of B&B, room, breakfast, inn keepers and staff could not have been improved upon. Plus there is a mighty nice restaurant with excellent food located on the first floor of the building. Only negative is in the evening there is a bit of a sound issue resulting from the business below......but really not a big deal. In the third floor rooms, I doubt that there would be an issue.

Room Tip: Third floor would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The room was beautiful, immaculate, and extremely comfortable. The innkeepers definately work extremely hard to keep the Inn in shape. There was no dust anywhere in our room, the fireplace was top notch, and the bath was whiter than my own. Our bed, while comfortable, was super creeky. That is the only negative thing I can say about the room.

We are at the Brewery for dinner and we were less than impressed. I had the caper salmon pasta dish. The pasta and sauce was delicious. The salmon, however, was undercooked (almost raw), cold, and I could not bring myself to eat it. All three of my travel mates had steak and each of them said their steak was chewy, tasteless, and cold. The rice was super plain as well. The waitress was kind when I showed her the raw salmon and gave us a dessert on the house. The dark chocolate cake was decent, and I should mention the microbrews were all good.

The breakfast was not what I expected from a B&B. It was definately a continental breakfast. The website does state that a continental breakfast is what is served, but I was expected a little more for the high price on the room. There was cereal, toast, coffee cake, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and bananas. I have stayed at many B&Bs in the price point and usually receive incredible breakfasts, i.e., fench toast, quiche, fritattas, etc.

Finally, the innkeepers were super nice and accommodating. We ran into a lady at a local tavern that told us the innkeepers were not so nice and would scold you if you made any noise after 8:30 p.m. We found nothing like this. The innkeepers were always friendly and they never said a word to us about being quiet.

I gave an average rating because of how beautiful the room was and how nice the keepers were. Everything else was subpar and I do not think we will ever return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Pleasantly surprised with our room (Room 6?). It was clean, nicely decorated, comfortable bed and huge bathroom with corner whirlpool. The room was light and airy with an exposed stone wall and fireplace (not operable in the summer). It is a little difficult getting luggage in and out since there are lots of stairs. Breakfast was more than continental and the restaurant on the first floor was excellent. Mineral Point is a quaint little town with interesting shops. We enjoyed visiting Shake Rag Alley and reading about the history of the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stay at the Brewery Creek Inn about twice a year. We absolutely love it. It sets the bar in bed & breakfasts for style, comfort, cleanliness and amenities. I am beyond fed up with the cheesy 'dollies and doilies' decor of most b&b's. That is NOT the case at Brewery Creek Inn. It is so elegant and chic that I wished my home was as beautiful. It is also quiet, as children under 12 are not allowed (which is what we prefer). All of the rooms at the inn are great (our particular favorite is Room One), with plush linens, stylish decor, fireplaces, dimmer lighting, clean whirlpool tubs, and organic bath products. The breakfast is outstanding, as well.

Another great amenity is the restaurant located on the first floor. Delicious, fresh food, wonderful desserts & their own beer. We look forward to eating there every time we visit.

Some reviewers here have made negative comments about coming in the back door of the building and seeing cleaning supplies, old kegs, etc. This doesn't bother me at all. I accept that it's an inn AND restaurant in one large, historic building, so there are certain minor pitfalls that should be accepted. But aside from that particular hiccup, everything else at this extraordinary inn IS virtually perfect.

Reviewers have also commented that the proprietors are not particularly friendly. We have gone to Brewery Creek Inn six times in three years and have not found this to be true. Jeff and Deb are polite and informative without being 'in your face,' which is what I prefer.

If you're going to Mineral Point, Spring Green or any of the other surrounding communities (all of which are fun), Brewery Creek is thee place to stay & dine.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TLewis-Martin
Reviewed 20 January 2011

If you're looking for peace and quiet, it may not be the best place. You are staying in bedrooms off a working restaurant. Plus, the owners are nice, but can be a bit awkward. So be friendly, chatty, and enjoy the stay. If you want a big TV, stay home. My wife and I enjoyed the Packer playoff game on their little TVs and we got the same experience. Plus, there are plenty of bars in Mineral Point if you must watch something on TV. It was quiet and nice. That is what we wanted. Yes, the exit is near the kegs of beer. Did you think you'd get a catered private entrance in the working restaurant/inn?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Spring Valley Inn
Spring Valley Inn
#1 of 6 in Spring Green
Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville

Been to Brewery Creek Inn? Share your experiences!