“Excellent breakfasts, service is par?”
Review of The Island Cafe

The Island Cafe
Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Minocqua
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wisconsin, US
“Excellent breakfasts, service is par?”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We've been coming to the Island Cafe for years for breakfast. I've never had lunch or dinner there, but they do offer what looks like a good salad bar. They have delicious baked goods like muffins, greek desserts, etc.... I can only comment on the breakfast foods which are pricey but it's worth it to us with the variety of ingredients they offer for omelets. We come here on snowmobiles because we know we will leave feeling comfortably full and not have to stop to eat for a long time!
Our kids get the pancakes or french toast which are hearty servings as well, where my husband and I will get a protein packed omelet w/ veggies.

After reading some reviews, I have to agree that the service is not very friendly. I feel like they (the servers which I believe are Greek) are kind of "snooty", like they're doing ME a favor waiting on us. Isn't it the other way around, like I'm paying their wages by patronizing their establishment???!!!
So although it's a little pricey (breakfast for 4 is never less than $50), we keep coming back because it's good food!!! No server has ever been downright rude, they just don't have "service with a smile"! I used to waitress and I learned right away TIPS are better when you're friendly to ALL PATRONS.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Love2Ctheworld1117

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“2 eating areas”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We ate at the Island Cafe on a cool day. Because of the weather, the town was brimming with people. They have 2 serving areas, inside and outside. We prefer eating outside. There was a line out the door waiting for tables. After a bit of waiting, we were taken to a table. We asked if a table outside was available outside. The server informed us we would have to go outside and check with that server. Luckily there was a table available quickly. It would of been nice if there had been a sign indicating the serving process. The food was very good. Very flavorful and a nice serving size. I had the beef tips. It was as good as any I have had.

• Visited August 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great outdoor patio”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great outdoor food so we could eat with our dogs there, and wonderful food!!! Generous quantities too!

Visited August 2014
Ripon, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great breakfast”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

From the service to generous portions of homemade breakfast food, this gem is worth the wait! And do not worry, the wait staff are not texting, the are using high tech order entry right at the table to reduce wait time and limit order errors.

• Visited July 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great hummus, good soup, kid friendly!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stopped for lunch during the week with my Mom and three kids. Hummus was killer, and Mom loved her french dip. We sat on the patio outdoors and the staff was incredible attentive and friendly. Stumbled upon this one by luck, and would certainly go back.

• Visited July 2014