“Great Property!”

The Waters of Minocqua
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here over the weekend with my family. We reserved two rooms; one was a standard two queen room, and one was a suite with an extra room attached. Both rooms were great size and fit all of us comfortably. The ceilings were tall and rooms were clean. The water park was great for the kids (and adults)! The continental breakfast was okay - our favorite was the waffle makers. Otherwise it was a pretty basic breakfast. We will definitely be staying here again next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lisa B, General Manager at The Waters of Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your nice review about our resort. It's great to hear you found our rooms spacious and comfortable for your family stay. We love to hear that and I will pass that on to our staff. We are always looking for ways to expand our breakfast area. We do offer make your own waffle stations, 4 types of cereals, yogurt, two types of fruits, hard boiled eggs, variety of bagels, 2 breads, a variety of mini-muffins, and donut holes along with two juices and coffee. Sometimes that may not be enough, so we have added Starbucks coffee and hot breakfast sandwiches for sale in the gift shop for those that would rather have a warm sandwich instead. We will continue to work on bringing in other breakfast items that may make your breakfast more enjoyable, so thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Lisa B. GM

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my weekend stay with my seven year old daughter and spouse. We splurged on the loft room and my daughter loved having her own space upstairs. The hotel seemed pretty full but the pool area was never overly busy. We loved being able to swim both inside and outside. We didn't hear ANY hallway or neighbor noise even when there was a wedding Saturday night. Our room was very nice and clean, it even smelled great, the beds were so comfortable, and the balcony was nice. The staff was very friendly and professional. Great weekend getaway! We had so much fun in town but would always look forward to getting back to our room and the pool.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your nice review of our resort. We try our best to provide a great experience for you and we hope that you will join us again very soon.

Lisa B. GM

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a work trip and stayed here with the fam. It was PERFECT! Incredible value, huge rooms, clean, and plenty to do on-site for little ones.

Rate includes breakfast (not the best I have ever had, but come on... they have waffles!) and passes to water park. This is no Great Wolf or Kalahari, but let's be honest, you don't come to Minocqua to stay inside!

Room Tip: Don't overlook the South entrance if your room is above X200. Much qucker and easier to get in.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lisa B, General Manager at The Waters of Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for the nice compliments! We hope that you will join us again at The Waters very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed there this past weekend - you cannot beat the price for waterpark admission, bar and grill, comfortable and clean rooms, as well as free continental breakfast. The bar and grill was just a burger and fry kinda place, so if you are looking for a nice sit down this isn't the place. They put the hockey game on the massive projection screen and the drinks were very affordable. We also utilized the indoor/outdoor hot tub one evening while watching the kids play at the slides. Also, the continental breakfast was more than just cereal and donuts- you could make oatmeal, toast bagels with an array of toppings, and even make your own waffle. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, I slept well and enjoyed my time there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and we are sure glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will join us again this summer.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

One of the highlights of my business travel schedule is coming to Minocqua. .The Waters offers great corporate travel rates for the off season when I am coming through. I have been staying here for a few years, each time I come to the area. The staff is always pleasant, the rooms very clean and comfy. A nice variety of offerings for breakfast. Another perk is some of the first floor rooms, have a sliding door , which gives me access to my vehicle , so making it easy to bring in my computer and all the things I need to work in my room. See you next time I come through to call on on some of the great stores in the area.

Room Tip: There are a nice variety of rooms some with a whirlpool and some with a fireplace. The fireplace is...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are glad you chose to stay with us on business. We have extended our restaurant and lounge hours to have the lounge open Monday thru Saturday and a full restaurant menu Wednesday through Saturday nights now to service our business travelers who would like to check in and not have to travel out for dinner. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you return again very soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a delightful lodge-themed hotel with comfortable beds, clean rooms, and they even have a Starbucks! The complimentary breakfast is nice, and they have a very small workout area. I would say that it's a great place for business travelers during the school year, but would guess it can get a bit loud when children are visiting during weekends and vacations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We do get a lot of compliments from guests on that they have a relaxing night sleep on our pillow top beds. During our summer season we do have a mix of business travelers along with families, but by reserving our larger deluxe rooms on the higher floors, they tend to be a little quieter than our waterpark level floors. We hope that will help keep it quieter in the summer and that you will join us again soon.

Lisa B., GM

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My favorite was star bucks it was a nice coffee shop in the hotel it was a nice party for my sisters daughter party thank you for being so friendly. Mom enjoyed her vist. We now now that we can have dogs thanks again

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minocqua
Best Western Plus Concord Inn
#7 of 7 in Minocqua
Wild Eagle Lodge
Wild Eagle Lodge
#2 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to The Waters of Minocqua? Share your experiences!