Since I am not employed by the Pointe, nor do I own a unit at the Pointe, and where others who have posted comments and recommendations here clearly do, I felt the need to follow up on a previous comment about articles being stolen by house keeping staff.
My wife and I have personally had items stolen from our rooms at the Pointe on two occasions, and no longer stay there as a result. The first occasion, we were convinced that perhaps my wife had left her missing jewelry at home, but of course when we got home and realized it wasn't there, she knew she hadn't lost her mind, that it had to have been stolen. This theft occurred in 2008. We contacted the Pointe to let them know, and they pleaded with my wife there was no way someone could have stolen this $1,000 bracelet from the room. Guess again.
In late July of this year, we made a last minute decision to visit Minocqua for the weekend. Since it was last minute, we could not immediately find vacancy, so I reluctantly called the Pointe after my wife, of all people, insisted. There were vacancies, not the best rate given the amenities, but then it was summer and a weekend.
Despite asking that house keeping not clean the room, it was cleaned in our absence anyway. Thank goodness for Walgreens in town, because some time during the trip, the bottle my heart medication was in had been emptied.
I would NOT recommend the Pointe, PERIOD, not until their house keeping staff cleans up their act.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2013 & 2014 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient and Certified Travel Green property, with 800 feet of Lake Minocqua frontage affording all rooms and suites waterfront views. Deluxe Studio rooms and One and Two Bedroom Suites - sleep two to six guests in a relaxing, wooded lakeside setting with an easy walk to downtown shopping, eateries and activities. The property also features bicycles, canoes, kayaks, a fishing pier, boat slips, gas grill picnic patios, and lakeside fire pit patio and on-site snowmobile trail access. Conference/banquet rooms welcome company and family events, with the Top of The Pointe room towering four floors above ground level featuring a spectacular view of Lake Minocqua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your The Pointe Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pointe Hotel Minocqua
- The Pointe Hotel And Suites
- Pointe Hotel Minocqua