“Good Beer with clever names!”

Minocqua Brewing Co.
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Minocqua
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of Northern Wisconsin’s lake country, the Minocqua Brewing Company is housed in an historic landmark building located on the island city’s north shore. Built in 1927 as a Masonic Temple, the building was transformed into a micro brewery and restaurant seventy years later. The brewery houses a seven and a half barrel system producing seven kinds of ales and lagers. The bar features a fine selection of wines, and cocktails, along with the skillfully crafted signature beer selections. The brewery's restaurant offers an interesting assortment of appetizers, sandwiches, soups, and salads with a gourmet twist.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I both enjoy their craft beer. I love their names! I normally have anything that sounds fruity or dark, dark beer. Their beer prices are little on the high side, but it's understandable because they are a craft beer brewery, so it's worth the price the pay. If you don't know what to order, just order a flight of beer. The atmosphere is very cozy with great views of the water. When I go up to Mercer, we always seem to find the time to drive to Minocqua and stop here and enjoy a cold, clever named beer!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was a busy place, but the food was pretty good. It was my first time there, and I would probably try it again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We ate at the Minocqua Brewing company for dinner this past weekend on a vacation. I had the wheat ale-smoked gouda cheese soup....YUM...If you like beer infused food, this place has a few options, and it was delicious...Husband also had an open faced beef/brie/and onion type sandwich..again--delicious. The beer was good too. The restaurant was pleasant and we were seated by windows overlooking the beach/lake area. Only downside is there was one table of loud guys...I mean a very large table, right below our seating area...They were VERY loud...drunk probably yelling profanities. We have a child, so it wasn't very appreciated. Everything here was great, our waitress was awesome. The only thing that would have been appreciated, is for the staff to take over and either tell these people to quiet down or kick them out. It was still dinner time...not 1 am or anything...there were other normal people and families there eating, who did not appear intoxicated, so I'm sure they may have appreciated a little less "F" bombs flying all over the restaurant. Other than that....would I go back? Oh yes! Delicious!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I’ve spent two summers working in Minocqua and it seems the Brewing Company is a favorite. I ventured out to this location a couple times during my stay and it was pretty enjoyable. The décor is warm, if not a little dark, very rich tones and welcoming for a nicer night out for dinner. I ordered the veggie burger and was pleasantly surprised. Most veggie burgers are bland and basic, but not this one. There were avocado slices, alfalfa sprouts, and it was nice and juicy. Paired with the sweet potato fries, this makes for a lovely meal for lunch or supper. The servers here are very attentive, but it may take a little longer to get served if sitting outside. The only downside to this location for me is the price on some of the options. It may just be my small town roots, but $8.00 for cheese curds is a little expensive no matter how artisan. Really though, everything came together to make for quite a nice time at the Brewing company. I would recommend this location for a nice family lunch or dinner out.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Have visited this locale for a number of years on an annual visit. This year was a bit disappointing. Although service was good, the food was marginal. Miss the touch of gourmet on the menu from a few years ago. Now it's just another burger place.