“Small rooms..that being said stay away from the Willows.”
Review of Fox Hills Resort

Fox Hills Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mishicot
Wisconsin
“Small rooms..that being said stay away from the Willows.”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very small rooms that still need a better bed. Warning, they put a air plug in in your room.....I immediately had problems breathing when my husband spotted it......we put it outside the room. If you have asthma.....beware...... That aside we made the most of it..... We decided to go to dinner at the Willows.......ended up leaving most of it....terrible. We told the management the next evening who offered to buy us dinner....it came out cold and without and condiments......terrible.....I alerted management who walked it back to the kitchen to get it hot and prepared correctly. I will say the management did try but the staff was rude and terrible. I had a steak the night before when we left and it was dry, cold, just terrible. You could not eat it. They bought us a prime rib which was just ok even after management going into the kitchen. Do not go here looking for a romantic get away. It still needs a lot of updating and I am a very nice person who travels a lot. I don't golf but I imagine if you do....the greens look nice....that is the best thing I can say. My husband made me promise that we would never go back. Sorry..... I hate leaving bad reviews...but really get rid of the air freshners...it could be disaster for anybody with breathing problems. Stay away the eating there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimmykster
Joan K, Manager at Fox Hills Resort, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for the feedback, although I hate to hear you had a less than ideal time, its certainly something we need to know in order to make sure we can correct any problems. I will be following up with each of the problems you mentioned to make sure that they are addressed. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations. To discuss your stay further, please me directly.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We chose this as a timeshare exchange, since we were headed to the Chicago area to attend a wedding, and decided to head up towards Door County for some sight-seeing.

Check-in was a breeze. The person at the desk was friendly and helpful.

Pros: It's easy to find and very roomy, with lovely views of the golf course. The beds are comfortable as well. We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa, and that was very nice! The indoor pool is huge, and the jacuzzi was nice (the outdoor pool was closed for the season).

Cons: The carpeting is very old and needs a good steam cleaning. The flies are horrible this time of year, so why not provide fly swatters in each of the units, since this is a known problem? No hair dryer in the unit? Why? I normally don't travel with a hair dryer, because every place I've ever been always has one. CFL light bulbs are used throughout the entire unit, and the lighting is harsh. There is no ambient lighting (even one torchiere lamp would help) in the living room, so I had to leave the bathroom light on, and the stove hood light. You can't watch television with those harsh lights blasting your eyes! (BTW - CFL lights only save money when they're on more than they're off. Turning them on and off quickly results in higher costs, because they use more energy when turned on than a regular incandescent.)

As for the restaurant(s): Benchwarmers was so loud, I just could not sit in there and listen to that while trying to enjoy a meal, so we opted to sit in Willowview. Again, the harsh CFL lighting! It was so bright, it made me feel like I was on display in there!

As far as the food, we liked the broasted chicken, but not the sides (mixed veggies and mashed potatoes with gravy). We also tried the French onion soup (too salty), and the Caesar salad. Although the lettuce was fresh, and the dressing was flavorful, my husband's salad was swimming in dressing and barely edible. It appears the chef just doesn't really care.

The food is not bad, but there are much better places to eat in Two Rivers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SueMozzy
Gtown, WI
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have read many reviews, but again we choose this place for our mens golf the weekend after Labor Day. The staff was great, easy check in, got right on the course and enjoyed 27 holes on a beautiful course before hitting Benchwarmers Bar Sunday afternoon. We were surprised at the crowd of people all fired up for the Packer Game. Friendly people and we loved the SHOTS when the Packers scored, and they scored often. This "out in the middle of nowhere" is ideal for 8 guys who like to golf and drink and not worry about who you are or what you have to be. We have come up to Fox Hills for 6 years and hope to come up for another 6. Maybe the highlight of the weekend was when we were driving to The National course and saw a FOX run across the road. Never saw that in downtown Chicago

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gtwontraveler
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I just spent a week at the Fox Hills Resort. This was an exchange through RCI and we stayed in a villa. First of all let us begin with the good. The staff at the resort was just great. They were friendly, courteous and eager to serve. The villa was large and for the most part well equipped. It was comfortable and provided for a basic enjoyable stay. The golf courses were challenging and tee time were readily available and green fees were reasonable. Now for the not so good. This is an older resort and definitely dated. While the villa was clean on the surface, it was definitely in need of a deep cleaning. The carpets were worse for the wear and in need of shampooing. A few very simple cosmetic upgrades could do wonders for the appearance of the resort and the villas. The restaurant could also use some simple upgrades that would make eating there more appealing. Make the necessary upgrades in the appearance and quality of the resort and villas and you would go from a very average resort to a very good resort.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Bruce M
Joan K, Manager at Fox Hills Resort, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Bruce, Thank you for your review! We're glad that even though there were some issues, you still had a great time with your wife. And that's the most important part! I've taken note of everything you said... we've already started cleaning carpets & we're going to replace some too. We are in the process of updating many areas of the resort (this past week we have been working on the fitness center, including new carpet). We thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed the night at Fox Hills Resort as part of a package deal to go to the Parallel 44 Winery.
We were hoping to have a nice dinner on site, so we got ready and went to The Bench Warmer's Sports Bar and Grill where The Willows is also a part of this. We looked over the menu which is all the same as the bar's menu, but decided to eat at the Willows hoping it would be nicer and more quiet. It was a seat yourself. The tables were wet and dirty, We waited over 15 minutes for a waitress. She took our drink order, and returned for our food order. We ordered a prime rib dinner and a new york strip dinner, We waited an hour for our food, it was cold, and the worst steaks we have had anywhere to date. How can you ruin a prime rib and a steak!! Needless to say we will never eat at the Willows again. However Benchwarmers looked like it had pretty good pizza!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank candl08
Joan K, Manager at Fox Hills Resort, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room and want to apologize for your experience at the Willowview Restaurant. I will be following up with each of the problems you mentioned to make sure that they are addressed and do not become any sort of trend. I know that does little to improve your meal, but hopefully you can give us another shot next time you are in the area. If you have any further troubles, please feel free to contact me directly.

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Mishicot hotels

Dodgeville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a Guys golf outing plan for Aspen Co. the weekend or August 29 - September 2 , but our plans had to be changed so we searched around for Resorts we could maybe go to instead and my brother found Fox Hills and we deiced to give it a try !

Well I want you to know we had a GREAT time .. the people could not have been nicer from the front desk to golf pro and ALL the people in between they did ever thing they could to make sure all our needs were meet and even went behond what they really needed to do ! I would highly recommend anyone to give them a chance !! you will not be dissappointed !

Yes it it a older resort, but for what you get for the prices its well worth it !

I want to send a a special thanks to : Cat , Yoder ( HA ) Josh and Diane and so many more I can't name them all ... but I want you to know you should feel very lucky to have people like this working for your Resort & Golf Course

Thanks Again !
The Dodgeville Boys !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My golf group set up this resort for us this year. It was our first time here after golfing in a cow pasture the last couple of years. The resort was a pleasant surprise! In the middle of nowhere was this large resort with 45 holes of golf, nice rooms, a sports bar, and more! We had 17 guys in our golf group and I think everyone liked the property, the golf was great, and everyone was friendly. Some small complaints - Our tees times were misplaced by someone which forced us to go out an hour earlier on Sat. (6:30 am), which nobody was happy about! The food takes a pretty long time to come out of the restaurant kitchen. Food was great though. I had a breakfast sandwich before golf that was outstanding and huge! I think it took me 12 holes to finally finish it! Dinners were great and prices reasonable. We plan on coming back!

Room Tip: The section we stayed at had patios/balconies on one side and the other faced the parking lot. If y...